Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 408 Posts

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lets keep all news an rumors here folks. It will make it a lot easier to keep up to date with the upcoming RS if we keep everything in one easy to find section of the forum.

Most Up To Date Info:

Ford has put out lots of information, I've just digested it and posted it here so you don't have to go looking

2.3 Liter Motor Making 340-350 hp.
AWD
Five Door
Sold in NA (Yes United States Included!)

Based on what I know, have been told and what I have been able to put together through a little deductive reasoning.

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not for next year, 2015 ish.

Cost might be around 33-35K for a base model RS. What that "base" model will look like / offer, I don't know.

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanted to add...

There are a lot of folks on this site new to the Focus and new to Fords but there are also a few members who have been part of the Focus community for many years. Many of those folks follow development news and rumors very closely. I'm not going to out anybody but you know who you are...

For the rest of you, pay attention to this thread. It's my goal to make sure that ST Nation leads the way Re: RS News and Rumors as we did with ST info.

Remember, you heard it here first!

·
Registered
107 Posts
A good buddy of mine works at ford. 2015 so released in Septemberish. 330hp. Fwd not awd. 2.3L turbo. And start right at the 40g mark. But that's in Canada. You Americans ge 3 versions of the st and we don't so no idea what you guys will get.

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not FWD. AWD. Gas tank to accommodate AWD under development right now.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Not FWD. AWD. Gas tank to accommodate AWD under development right now.
Any sources your comfortable mentioning? This is the sole factor that would get me to trade my ST for the bigger payment.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
A fuel tank to allow for a rear driveshaft on the C1-based cars wouldn't be too difficult since there has already been AWD-based cars on this platform. With the estimated power numbers floating around it wouldn't surprise me if they've been evaluating an AWD car but I'd personally be surprised if they go that route. Cost, weight, and economy are going to take a hit and the highest performance AWD competitors haven't had a ton of volume, now we'd be talking about a specialty Ford model that Ford needs to be profitable. Sure there are likely AWD mules like Ford has evaluated before but I hope they don't go that route.

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any sources your comfortable mentioning? This is the sole factor that would get me to trade my ST for the bigger payment.
99.9 % sure it will be AWD.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I am only 99%. But hey, we have been down this road 2 other times before.

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right. All indications are... But then the rug gets pulled out from under you. At this point in time, AWD.

I know all previous news and rumors said no AWD but that has changed and is so far along I can't see it changing back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You better not be kidding because if this is true I will be getting an RS. I was already thinking of the mkvii golf r since it is awd but my family has always been ford car owners and I get x plan price through work so the decision would be easy.

·
Registered
700 Posts
No one has MASS produced a FWD with 350hp before, for a reason. The Cadillac's from the 70's even with 500ci V8's never came that close. The Focus RS 500 (C307) was a limited production and had it's issues.

Much can be learned about what goes on with vehicles if you know where to look. Actions speak louder than words, so if you see actions, then more than likely, it's going to happen. Take the MKI Focus RS, a large order for a specific paint was placed and it was not an option on any other vehicle at the time. Brembo calipers were requested, nothing was using Brembo calipers at the time or was slated for use. Little things like this give away big secrets.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Right. All indications are... But then the rug gets pulled out from under you. At this point in time, AWD.

I know all previous news and rumors said no AWD but that has changed and is so far along I can't see it changing back.
The engineering is the easy bit, getting it past the bean counters has been the problem in the past :(, however this time round there are a couple of factors in its favour. Global platform (sure I expect the US version to get shafted on the options like the ST) so larger sales base.

I also see the 5 door being a huge plus point for getting in past the bean counters, sure a 3 door will look better but for a car the size of the focus unlike the fiesta the extra doors don't look awkward and for a large number of potential customers a 3 door focus is a lost sale.

For me no AWD is an instant lost sale and I go on waiting for ford to see sense and make a proper full fat focus rs, while the times I drove high performance AWD ford become an ever distant memory.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Well I will get a AWD Ford in 2015, one way or another, either a EB or a YB.

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I will get a AWD Ford in 2015, one way or another, either a EB or a YB.
EB? YB? Not sure what those designation mean.

1 - 20 of 408 Posts