Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I haven't read through the entire thread, but I am going to post these images anyway. The first image is of the actual rubber insert and the second image is of the Ford Part #.

My car was built on 9/24 and it was delivered on Thursday Oct. 4th.

Vehicle Car Auto part Family car

Silver Electronics Vehicle Car Metal

·
Registered
14 Posts
Went to the dealer this morning and they also could not find it in the computer part system.
But there was an ST in the showroom with the insert, it's in my car now.:O:

Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
So one should try this part number BE8Z 7813562 AA at the dealer.
Someone I know in vehicle testing says this is it?

Steve

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
Well if you can let me know if it's the wrong one I'll see if I can get him to dig into it.

Steve
It comes up as the part for the Fiesta not the Focus. We are pretty sure the part number (as it is printed on the back of the cupholder insert) is:

BM51-A046B94-EAW

However when ford looks that number up they find nothing, but if they leave the last W off of it it comes up without a picture - but it shows out of production and not available...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I spent about 15 minutes looking in every nook of the car for mine, and was about to give up when I noticed the dealer already installed it into the cupholder...It blends in pretty good.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Didn't have one in mine.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It comes up as the part for the Fiesta not the Focus. We are pretty sure the part number (as it is printed on the back of the cupholder insert) is:

BM51-A046B94-EAW

However when ford looks that number up they find nothing, but if they leave the last W off of it it comes up without a picture - but it shows out of production and not available...
In a former life I was a Ford parts counterman and Parts manager. The numbers that were molded into parts were NOT the service part number that you would order them under. It was an engineering number. However, we did have a way (microfiche at the time) in most cases to cross reference engineering numbers to the service part numbers.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Didn't have one in mine.

Did you look waaaayyyyy back in your glove box? That's where mine was. Someone else mentioned that it might be around the spare in one of the cubby holes.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Yes and in the trunk and....

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I dropped by my dealer to get an odometer statement on my trade in (refund warranty and gap) and saw a black ST2 with moonroof. My saleslady let me open it and inside the glove compartment was a rubber cup holder thingy that is now mine!

While it doesn't make as big of a difference when you have two large 'McDonalds Style (the ones with smaller bottom to fit in cup holders)' the holder closest to the dash sure holds those types of drinks much more firmly, and the sound of Styrofoam squeaking is gone as well.

I'm happy I made the effort to find it. I will still crusade to get part numbers for the rest of the folks that don't have it.

41 - 60 of 119 Posts