Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I noticed that the weatherstripping around my drivers door is disintegrating. I just noticed it today. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373662208.710732.jpg
I made an appointment to bring the car in on Monday. I hope the warranty covers this because the car only has 5900 miles on it and I know I didn't do anything to cause it.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Shouldn't have any trouble with having that replaced under warranty.
Looks like may be from rubbing getting in and out of car. Or could be defective seal.
good luck

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but my '13 ST is doing the same thing. I'm well out of the warranty, and I just noticed it, so I guess I'm screwed. Anyone have a part # for the seal? I've looked on Rock Auto's site, and can't find anything. Searching around online, this seems to be a fairly common issue, which some folks get repaired under warranty. Unfortunately, I'm at around 67K miles, so I'm on my own...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I believe universal weather strip seal should work.
Possibly, but "Universal" parts do not mix with my ST. :eek:
I'll buy the OEM part if I have to, I just can't seem to find it.
I found a couple vague references online that seem to indicate it's about $150, which is just silly for a strip of weatherseal, but wouldn't really surprise me.
I was hoping one of the dealers on here would have some more solid info...
Anyone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Possibly, but "Universal" parts do not mix with my ST. :eek:
I'll buy the OEM part if I have to, I just can't seem to find it.
I found a couple vague references online that seem to indicate it's about $150, which is just silly for a strip of weatherseal, but wouldn't really surprise me.
I was hoping one of the dealers on here would have some more solid info...
Anyone?
Any luck finding that OEM part #?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts