Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please join in for a ST meet that could be a regular monthly event! The first one will be Saturday, June 15th at 9am at the Spitfire Grill by the Santa Monica Airport. After we look at each others cars for awhile, the plan is to have a breakfast meeting inside (or outside) and talk about possible future activities in the general area. Everything's on the table for consideration, so bring your suggestions! This is a great location - available parking without hassle or charge, nice restaurant with broad menu and separate checks available, inside and outside dining. I have arranged for the first two months on the third Saturdays, and we can extend it if people want to attend. The location is at 3300 Airport Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90405, phone is 310-397-3455 and website is Welcome to Spitfire Grill. It is one stop light South of National Blvd on Bundy/Centinela, and turn South a block. Use Bundy exit South off the I-10 West, or from the Southern end, use I-405 N to National exit and turn West. National dead-ends at Bundy on the edge of the Santa Monica Airport, and go Left one light, then right. Please let me know if you think you'll attend, so I can give them a rough headcount.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sounds like fun, if I can get up early enough! I'm not from the area, but I'll be passing by on the way to MDR for Father's Day weekend.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Won't be able to make this one...but keep us posted for ones in the future

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm going. I wish that guy with the White ST I saw in Venice a week or two ago was on the list.

If we're gonna meet at the Spitfire, I hope we're gonna eat breakfast there. I want a Grumman omelet.

Bluebomb, we should bring some sort of thermometer to see whose car is least warm for the distance we are from the Airport.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ima try n make it - this is SO close to me (I'm right up Bundy) I'd be a bad ST owner if I didn't make it...right? But 9am on a Saturday...ouch, hope I can wake myself up in time

·
Registered
685 Posts
Ima try n make it - this is SO close to me (I'm right up Bundy) I'd be a bad ST owner if I didn't make it...right? But 9am on a Saturday...ouch, hope I can wake myself up in time
I feel the same way about 9am on a Saturday, but I'd be a really bad ST owner if I didn't make it, considering that the Spitfire is about 3 blocks from me as the crow flies.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Literally, how the fuck have I not seen you/your ST...I can't be more than 10-15 blocks from the place up Bundy. Or do you just not venture north of the 10? EVER? lol

·
Registered
685 Posts
Literally, how the fuck have I not seen you/your ST...I can't be more than 10-15 blocks from the place up Bundy. Or do you just not venture north of the 10? EVER? lol
I venture north of the 10 to go to Ralph's and Trader Joe's on Barrington. And I say the same thing about Blue Bomb, because I pass by his area all the time on my way to almost anywhere.

I don't go up Bundy beyond Pico though, because it's so screwed up at Olympic.

·
Registered
685 Posts
no one took pictures?! Dropping the ball lol next time i suppose
I didn't even think about pictures until I got home. I'm old, taking pictures of everything is just not second nature to me :)

While we were outdoors, eating our aircraft themed breakfast dishes, came up with some ideas for future meets, and counted the PT Cruisers and Priuses passing by. Blue Bomb's ST is sweet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We will try Again on the 3rd Saturday in July. I will start another post, so please check it out! We will meet more briefly and go for a cruise, so hopefully more people will want to do that!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts