Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my ST back in October, i told pretty much everyone that I wasn't going to mod this car... well, since completely failed at that, i figured, what the heck, might as well embrace my failure and build another highly customized vehicle... much to my wife's dismay...

As it stands, I already had a MRT exhaust, JBR RMM, a TT upper mount, and a Cobb AP tune...

Now I really LOVED the MRT 2012 SEMA vehicle... a 2013 Fusion:

I decide to steal a number of elements from the MRT Fusion and incorporate them into my ST... That whole imitation is the sincerest form of flattery thing! ;)

That being said I... I came of with a couple of rough photochops and shared them with Scott from MRT. Now, I'm on a limited budget, so this isn't a full out SEMA build... so I'll have to do things like reuse the stock wheels... ;)

Here are my poor attempt at photoshop:

Last week we discussed the project and Scott agreed it would be pretty cool... Last Saturday we kicked off the projects by installing the hood vents, which some of you have seen and commented on...

Very happy how they turned out!

Yesterday, I was once again back at MRT to drop the ST off for the next step, PAINT! Scott and I finalized the paint layout. One thing that Scott is changing from my photoshops is he is going to put a grey border around the red, just like he did on the Fusion. It will make the transition from black to red less harsh. He is also going to have the red slightly narrower.

Here is a horribly crappy cell pic as we were laying out some of the tape:

Now, one thing I didn't photoshop was the interior. For the interior, we are going to do the center stack in red... depending on where we are in my limited budget we may do the pieces in the hydrographic carbon fiber... The other thing Scott is going to investigate the front door panels... We weren't sure if the panels can easily be removed...

So now the hard part... WAITING!!! The ST should be heading to the paint booth this week. Scott will be sending me update photos and I'll be sure to post them here....

·
Registered
894 Posts
It's amazing how this car can "corrupt" even the most responsible person! :D I'm contemplating a new exhaust, something I never thought I'd do to a car.

I like the paint scheme, and it will definitely put your unique stamp on the car! (But I would do the hood vents in gloss black. I think that would look nicer than all red. Just my $.02)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's amazing how this car can "corrupt" even the most responsible person! :D I'm contemplating a new exhaust, something I never thought I'd do to a car.

I like the paint scheme, and it will definitely put your unique stamp on the car! (But I would do the hood vents in gloss black. I think that would look nicer than all red. Just my $.02)
Yep... i was doing really good on the no mods... think i made it almost 2 weeks. I wasn't going to do the exhaust but Scott called me and said he needed an ST for development... Then Chad put his Cobb AP up for sale... just has been going down hill since then!

Thanks for the feedback on the vents! I'll have to photoshop that and give it some thought... ;)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Now there's no way I won't know who that is rolling down the street! Would you mind sharing how much they're charging for painting the hood? I've got some ideas of my own but probably on more of a limited budget then you are since I'm in the process of moving.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now there's no way I won't know who that is rolling down the street! Would you mind sharing how much they're charging for painting the hood? I've got some ideas of my own but probably on more of a limited budget then you are since I'm in the process of moving.
LOL! That's the idea! ;)

I'll have try and get a break down on the costs from Scott when the dust settles...

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Should come out pretty sweet. Reminds me of the '12 Laguna Seca. :yay:
Funny you should say that because that is EXACTLY where the idea started!!! ;)

So the Leguna Seca sparked the idea... then then I figured we would incorporate some of the MRT Fusion styling, mainly the hood... So last week when I was at at MRT, i casually asked, "How would you feel about building the MRT Leguna Seca ST?" Scott just got a BIG SMILE! LOL!

·
Registered
726 Posts
I had an almost identical look for my yellow car, but using black as the accent. I think you could 'test' it by doing vinyl wrap of those areas first, instead of paint.

Is that ST you're using lowered?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had an almost identical look for my yellow car, but using black as the accent. I think you could 'test' it by doing vinyl wrap of those areas first, instead of paint.

Is that ST you're using lowered?
Yeah, was thinking of doing vinyl first, but decided to just go right to paint... a bit nerve-racking waiting to see the results!!! ;)

My ST isn't lowered yet... still trying to decide if we do lowering springs or jump to coilovers.... and if so, which brand...

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Scrming, Are you going to paint the side mirrors too like are Leguna Seca Stang or like in the MRT Fusion?
Decided against doing the mirrors... I don't mind them the painted mirrors, but I don't love them either... so if it saves me a couple dollars by not doing them, then I'm ok with that! ;)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Of course my next big dilemma is a name... and a personalized plate... Not sure if this would be to cliche'... this is the best combo that was available:

Or I could twist it around and go with "Widow Maker" since if my wife finds out all the stuff I have planned she's going to KILL ME! ;)

1 - 20 of 262 Posts