Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess everyone else in the PNW is too attached to their Subaru/VW/Leaf to get excited about the ST, but I can't wait spin the front tires up and down rain-soaked hills all winter.

If anyone else from the Seattle area happens to wander in, I'd love a recommendation on any local or local-ish Ford dealers that people have had good experiences with.

Thanks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm from Portland, so not technically the Seattle area, but I think we'll have to stick together. Like you said, it doesn't seem like too many people from the Northwest are interested in the ST.

I haven't had any experience with Seattle area dealers, but I had good luck preordering my ST on May 2nd through the Internet Sales Department at Landmark Ford in Tigard. I was able to negotiate them down to $500 over invoice pretty effortlessly.

I can't wait for the day I get to go pick it up!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'll tell you that if I still lived in Seattle (still miss it every damn day!) that I'd be right there with you. I hope for your sake that yours gets delivered by September 1 so you can go to the BSCC auto-x that weekend and get some wicked GoPro footage. Otherwise you'd have to wait all the way until October 14... too long! BTW, BSCC calendar: 2012 Calendar

Damn I miss auto-x'ing with BSCC, and tunnel runs through downtown, and Redmill burgers, and UW's quad when the cherry blossoms bloom, and Salty's on Alki, and the Leavenworth Drive in June, and...

·
Registered
549 Posts
I live in Vancouver but I'm regularly in the Seattle area, have family there etc. Who knows when we're getting the ST, I might even try to import one. When you Seattle guys get your cars, you have got to take me for a ride!! Sometimes we get cars like a month or two after you guys. Or not!
I will happily be a passenger for a cruise. The road up to Mt. Baker is awesome drive.

·
Registered
742 Posts
You guys should organize a drive, maybe something like the Mountain Loop Highway run... incredibly scenic, lots of good driving, not typically busy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's so true, everyone is all about their subarus and vw's! I'm from Newberg OR which is about 45 minutes sw of Portland but there is a great ford dealership in town here. I won't be getting a st yet because I am still in school but once I graduate and get a decent paying job will be my first big purchase :) would love to some rides together with you guys once I get one, but won't say no if you need a co pilot!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Future ST owner in West Linn

I'm from West Linn, just outside Portland, I too purchased a ST3 package ST from Landmark Ford. My wife and I worked with Brian in the sales staff for a SE stick with some nice options for my daughter, and he treated us quite well. A month later we ordered the ST. I'm bummed i have to wait as long as I have to....especially with the head light situation. But Landmark seems to be the place for the Focus ST in Portland for now. Sooooo lookong forward to driving this car, hope the hype is all correct!!

I'm from Portland, so not technically the Seattle area, but I think we'll have to stick together. Like you said, it doesn't seem like too many people from the Northwest are interested in the ST.

I haven't had any experience with Seattle area dealers, but I had good luck preordering my ST on May 2nd through the Internet Sales Department at Landmark Ford in Tigard. I was able to negotiate them down to $500 over invoice pretty effortlessly.

I can't wait for the day I get to go pick it up!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm from West Linn, just outside Portland, I too purchased a ST3 package ST from Landmark Ford.
What color/options did you get? My ST3 is Performance Blue with the sunroof and engine block heater. Wouldn't it be funny if we ordered identical cars and they both showed up the same day? Maybe it would be a good chance to meet up...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Just moved from Seattle back in Feburary. My wife and I bought her 2012 Focus SEL from Ford of Kirkland. Worked with Dan Lozott ([email protected], (425) 295-6170, Cell: (425) 344-7557) and he treated us awesome. Gave us the Costco member price, which is as good as X-Plan. Not sure if Costco has pricing for the ST, but worth a shot. It was a birthday present for my wife, so the night before delivery he went out to a party supply store and bought banners & balloons out of his own pocket to dress the car up. Top notch service!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased the Ingot Silver. I wanted red bad, but the race red didn't do anything for me. The yellow was growing on me, but didn't make the cut at purchase time. Black is to hard to take care of, so that left Performance Blue and Ingot Silver. It was all but a flip of the coin. The only options I didn't get are the sun roof, (to tall) and the engine heater. I keep telling myself to not think about getting the car as I can't wait. Driving a performance car, even a some what toned down car like the ST is awesome, can't wait!!!

P.S. My other car, bought it new...not running at the momet..79 Camaro Z28

·
Registered
27 Posts
Also from the Portland area here. (Hillsboro) Thought about the small Subaru hatches, but the performance ones are all a bit ugly to me - just personal taste, I guess. Oregon has tons of roads that should be a blast - too bad much of that will have to wait until spring for my ST3.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey, I'm a Portland Mazdaspeed owner and I'd like to invite you guys to Cascade Cars and Coffee Portland every Saturday morning from 8-11am at Cascade Station by Best Buy and Starbucks. We get cars of all makes and models and get a lot of modded cars, as well as being the meeting place for the local Mazdaspeed guys and I thought that owners of our cousin Ford Focus ST might be interested. The owner of your forum sponsor Edge Autosport also comes to the meet when he's in town visiting. I'll be around the forum checking out the platform development so feel free to ask me questions.
Cascade Cars & Coffee Portland
Cascade Cars and Coffee Portland | Facebook

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just ordered my ST2 from Bowen Scarff in Kent. Best dealership out of the 5 I contacted. Moonroof and performance blue inserts. Looking forward to getting back into a manual car after I sold my 2002 Roush mustang back in 07 to get my F150 which is now fully customized. Keeping the truck for the camping/winter driving and using the ST as my daily commuter. Can't wait for the car to get in.

and Angkorian: I will be selling the stock ST wheels at some point. Just not right away and still haven't decided on a wheel choice.

So far on the list: window tint, HID headlights and fogs, foglight overlays, paint brake calipers, shark fin antenna, remove Focus badge from rear hatch then wheels and tires a couple months down the road. Also hoping an intake and exhaust comes out for the car depending on how Ford wants to work the ecoboost and warranty. I know the ecoboost trucks the dealers etc have been sticklers with any mods on the engine or exhaust system. Stance and suspension shouldnt be an issue as the height will work for me and the handling has been great in the reviews. Definately don't want the drop my old stang had as I bottomed out on I405 and threw sparks going thru Bellevue :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you're not camping or traveling for Labor Day Weekend, come on out to Cascade Cars and Coffee Portland! Remember, the meet is held every Saturday morning, rain or shine! (Will be great weather this Saturday)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Join us this Saturday, Sept 15th, in welcoming the Summit Innovations Rally Team from Australia who will be attending with their right hand drive #28 Nissan Silvia S13 rally car. Rally driver Will Orders and Jason Griffith and John Hoyenga from Nameless Performance will be with the car, selling a bunch of autographed swag for fundraising the team’s upcoming rally race at Olympus Rally in Washington from September 21st-23rd. Will Orders is currently placed 7th overall in the Rally America standings and 3rd in 2WD, and placed 1st in 2WD in both races he finished this season at Oregon Trail Rally and New England Forest Rally. Hats $20, Mugs $15, Beer Koozys $7, Small Tshirts $15, and all are autographed.
As with all Cascade Cars and Coffee Portland events every Saturday morning, we will be gathering from 8-11am by the Cascade Station Famous Dave’s BBQ near Portland International Airport.
Cascade Cars & Coffee Portland
https://www.facebook.com/CascadeCarsAndCoffee

1 - 20 of 87 Posts