Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At frist I had planned on just powder coating the stock wheels, but after a lot of thought I'm thinking about buying a brand new set of wheels entirely, and I was wondering if anyone know's if the stock wheels would be worth while to sell or if they'd have any real value??

·
Registered
110 Posts
At frist I had planned on just powder coating the stock wheels, but after a lot of thought I'm thinking about buying a brand new set of wheels entirely, and I was wondering if anyone know's if the stock wheels would be worth while to sell or if they'd have any real value??
I'm sure someone with a regular Focus would be happy to buy them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Like Grabber said, somebody will buy them and put a set of winter tires on them. Then swap out the entire rim and tire when that time of the year comes. Right now I have my summer tires taken off the rim and the snow tires put on. That kinda sucks and I want to get a hold an extra set of rims.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Soon, Before the car hits the streets you will be able to sell them on the forum. :D

I am going to look into a product that manages the buy and sell section well. If not just a normal buy sell forum with FSTN rules and polices of course.

:ST:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't wait for that Chad!
Does anyone have an estimate on how much the stock wheels would be worth?

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'll tell the dealership they have a sale from me if they remove the summer tires off the stock rims and put high-performance all seasons. Then I'll save some money up until next spring where I'll buy some nice lightweight racing wheels with summer performance tires and leave the stock wheels with the all-seasons. When those tires are shot I'll switch to winter tires.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
I'll definitely be selling mine...but I won't be buying for a few months.
I'll be lurking though to see what kind of demand there will be.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would consider selling mine if I could get enough for them to straight buy a different set of quality wheels. Think that's possible?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'd love to get my hands on the darker European rims for my upcoming Red ST....hope Ford Racing puts them in the catalog.
Me too! I could use the US rims for winter and the Euro ones for summer.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'll definitely be selling mine...but I won't be buying for a few months.
I'll be lurking though to see what kind of demand there will be.
<----------- Slightly interested, if you're not going to be in a hurry to part with them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'll tell the dealership they have a sale from me if they remove the summer tires off the stock rims and put high-performance all seasons. Then I'll save some money up until next spring where I'll buy some nice lightweight racing wheels with summer performance tires and leave the stock wheels with the all-seasons. When those tires are shot I'll switch to winter tires.
Where do you live that you could get away with an "all season" tire on a 250hp/tq car durring the winter?

I would think that would be amazingly risky no?

In NE I swear by a full set of snow tires.. :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
<----------- Slightly interested, if you're not going to be in a hurry to part with them.
LOL No hurry at all. I won't be buying till ~March/ April 2013.
As stated earlier I'll be lurking here. I want to see if there is enough interest.
I would need to sell in order to afford other wheels.
Just for grins, would you want the TPS as well?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I am replacing the wheels, tires, and TPMS on day one of my ST delivery. I ordered an ST3, so I expect to have the car around November. I am considering selling the Ford factory original wheels, tires, and TPMS sensors, which will effectively be brand new. I did a little research for exact replacements from Ford and here is what I found:

tpms sensor, valve, screw, & cap (fordparts.com part# 1A189) 83.73 x 4 = 334.92
wheel 18" style 2 (fordparts.com part# 1007B) 439.18 x 4 = 1756.72
wheel center cap (fordparts.com part# 1130) 14.95 x 4 = 59.80
tires 235/40R18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 OEM (tirerack.com) 173.00 x 4 = 692.00

The grand total for all of these items from Ford and Tire Rack is $2843.44. Posted for relative/replacement/comparison value only.

What do you guys feel is a reasonable price if I decide to sell these effectively new wheels, tires, and TPMS sensors. Keep in mind the wheels will already be mounted and balanced with the factory original TPMS sensors. Ready to go, you can just put them right on the car...only a simple and quick TPMS reset will be needed to recognize them. This is not an offer to sell, so do not make any offers. I just want to gauge interest and find a reasonable price before I do post in the Classified section.

Reactions: oaxa
1 - 20 of 36 Posts