Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can you guys tell me how fast the site loads for you?

I am just not sure we can stay on this hosting much longer if the performance is so slow. I am dealing with some high res stuff and its killing the site.

Let me know how your speed is please thanks!

Chad

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I haven't noticed any speed issues with the site. But I have a decently fast connection though. I just ran a quick speedtest and I'm at 23Mbps for downloads.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had no issues loading the site either. Its has always come right up and loaded everything quickly.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My hosting has been throttling us a lot today. If you experience slowness or even dead pages it is due to my crappy hosting.

I do apologize for the inconvenience I can assure you when I get more resources I will be getting dedicated hosting for us. Right now, its a cheap shared crap.

Let me know if you experience any issues.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I've been experiencing intermittent database errors, and long page load delays recently. 90-95% of the time though it works fine.

This site really is a great resource, but it sure can get expensive running and maintaining a site like this I imagine. If donations would help speed things along toward a dedicated server please let us know, some of us I'm sure wouldn't mind pitching in a bit.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yeah it has been a little slow lately, but honestly Chad you've done such an amazing job with this site that I don't even care. I just think back to the dial-up days and then it's all good. Today proved that this is THE place to be for ST info. Looking forward to more great info and any performance improvement is just gravy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Chad - you've done a "helluva" job hosting this site. I do find the response time to be spotty; and intermittent at times. Also, it looks like the viewership and membership is about to increase exponentially. Hope you find ways to keep the site performing adequately; because clearly ST Nation has been the number one source for reliable, timely, substantiated information concerning the Focus ST. :thumb:

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you both for you kind comments.

I have been getting database errors all day. I'll be contacting my hosting for solutions.

Other than that I do not have the resources to get better hosting right now. :!:

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am investigating the data base error.

It seems we being throttled like :censor:.....

Found the problem.. Max user connection for sql server.

I am going to try to adjust this setting.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just submitted a ticket into my hosting company. I hope they are able to increase our max connections. Other wise we may be stuck with this until I can move hosting companies.

Chad

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I got the answer I thought I was going to get. I cannot get them to increase the MAX SQL connections. It is a configurable setting I could change if I had access to increase it.

Their suggestion was to check out my log files, and determine why we were having this problem.

There is a update to the forum I can perform. I am planning on doing the update soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts