Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.. 1...so thus far after almost a month... noticed that front pads deliver a horrible amount of brake dust.. thinking about just throwing some Akebonos on it and being done for 40k plus. 2. does the car really sound better with the symposer delete... cause honestly... i kinda like it. 3. has anyone had problems with the turbo plumbing coming loose? cause the lines I could reach were not that tight.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Brake dust comes with the teritory. Welcome to the Nation

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you like the symposer, leave it alone. Doesn't seem to hinder performance. Most people remove them when they upgrade the exhaust so they can hear the exhaust in a pure form. My symposer acted up a lot in the winter. The colder temps caused it to stay open all the time. I removed mine so I could run by bov off manifold pressure as the oem solenoid doesn't quite keep up with higher boost pressures of tuned fuel maps.
Haven't had any turbo lines come loose or blow off yet. I have 43,000 miles on my ST. But it could happen. If you're suspect, just tighten them up a bit. Cheers and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
The people that think the ST sounds better without the Symposer are the people that also have changed their exhausts. I like it myself.
Brake dust is plentiful.. lol. The latest build ST's have a slightly different brake set-up that supposedly has less dust. There are aftermarket pads that are also available.

A few have had charge pipes come loose. Check the connections.

Other wise Enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you like the symposer, leave it alone. Doesn't seem to hinder performance. Most people remove them when they upgrade the exhaust so they can hear the exhaust in a pure form. My symposer acted up a lot in the winter. The colder temps caused it to stay open all the time. I removed mine so I could run by bov off manifold pressure as the oem solenoid doesn't quite keep up with higher boost pressures of tuned fuel maps.
Haven't had any turbo lines come loose or blow off yet. I have 43,000 miles on my ST. But it could happen. If you're suspect, just tighten them up a bit. Cheers and welcome aboard!
That's interesting. My symposer stays closed more often in cool weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts