Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Link isnt working for me.

Either way, they can hate all they want I'm not buying it to please them. (if they are talking crap about the forum...don't care about that either.)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yep, link seems dead. But yeah, what Dream said. Let them have their smiley-faced last-generation cars, their vitriol won't change my order!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A sorry guys basicly they are hating on the e diff the fact the torque is smooth and you don't feel the kick in from the turbo but most of the hate is on e diff

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I've tried to find the link you referenced for like 10 minutes and it's not returning anything, even searching "Focus ST" on the mazdaspeedforums.org searchbar... Where did you get that link from?

Yeah I'm pretty sure that it was either deleted or is on a forum not available to the public.

·
Registered
617 Posts
That forum is ridiculous. Lots if bow beating and chest thumping. You get chastised if you ask a question. Seems like its run by a bunch of teenagers. I've snooped around over there to see what competition has and got tired of reading "donate then search" as the typical response to questions.

·
Registered
908 Posts
That forum is ridiculous. Lots if bow beating and chest thumping. You get chastised if you ask a question. Seems like its run by a bunch of teenagers. I've snooped around over there to see what competition has and got tired of reading "donate then search" as the typical response to questions.
So I guess we're too nice to be MS3 owners?

Well, guess I'll just have to go with the Focus then. :p

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I have a real fear that we'll get people like that when the ST has been out long enough for the teenagers to get a hold of them... We're a pretty laid back and mature group right now and I hope it will stay that way...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I has ms3 when they first came out because I gave up hope on ford ever bringing us a turbo focus. When ford announced the st was global I sold the ms3 and now I wait. The guys over there do a lot of 1/4 racing or street racing they fail to see the st is built for daily/occasion track use few really use their car on road course or auto x over there I liked the forum because they were making good power. They always hate on the comp you should of seen the hating that was done on the cobalt tc till they found out it was faster in a straight line and around a track then they started making the same comments well it's fast but our interior looks better and quality is better. They make me lol over but I can't wait till they do a head to head comparison on the track with the st and ms3 that's what I'm waiting for. I miss my ms3 sometimes but I'm a ford kid I still have my svt and it's turbo so it fills in till I pick up my st

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Takes two to race :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I'll keep a bunch of fliers for the next autox's coming up in my glovebox for those rev-happy idiots who try to street race me... see if those aforementioned gentlemen can put their money where their mouths are.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have a real fear that we'll get people like that when the ST has been out long enough for the teenagers to get a hold of them... We're a pretty laid back and mature group right now and I hope it will stay that way...
That is a fear of mine as well as the popularity and availability of the ST grows. We have a pretty good corp. of mature helpful members here so far. I hope a foundation has been built to handle that situation if it does arise.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
so long as street racing isn't supported on theis site ( and it's not ) those folks that engage in that activity will go elseware.

We have the ability to set the tone here and when out and about, such that we don't get reputations like other enthusiast / cars.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have to say that it is nice not to have to battle forum trolls and children in here. I feel like I can ask a question and the answer is usually eagerly awaiting me. There is also more mature threads. I hope it too stays this way. Also what do you guys consider a street race? I would like everyone's opinion here.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had a MS3 try to race me in my GT500 a few weeks back :LOL:
I lol'd for like 5 minutes over this. I use to "race" GT-R's and other cars that were obviously well out of my league. I use to have a Dodge Stratus and I knew I would be beat but I honestly wanted to see the car in action and the other driver always got a kick out of it. The MS3 probably thought he had a chance though...what an imbecile.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts