Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the smallest wheel size we are going to be able to put on the ST.

I may have shot myself in the foot. I have snows mounted on 16 in steel wheels that I used on my Titanium this past winter and was planning on using them on the ST.

With the bigger brake size, will the 16's still fit?!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have 15" snow tires on my titanium w/ handling package and they fit fine. Somebody was saying the rear disks + calipers are the same and that the fronts are slightly larger on the ST. I *might* have an issue with my 15", I can't imagine you will w/ your 16".

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sure hope you're both right. Maybe I should ask Lisa on FB just to be on the safe side. I don't want to have to buy another set of wheels if possible but I have a plan B if I need be.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I read a spec sheet late in 2011 (for Europe) that the spare tire on the ST3 model was a 16", so you should not have any problems.

Reactions: 02_svt_guy

·
Registered
20 Posts
So what is the smallest wheel size we are going to be able to put on the ST.

I may have shot myself in the foot. I have snows mounted on 16 in steel wheels that I used on my Titanium this past winter and was planning on using them on the ST.

With the bigger brake size, will the 16's still fit?!
As mentioned here: http://fordstnation.com/focus-st-suspension-wheels/467-wheel-specs.html

16" focus steelies will fit over brakes. Same wheel is used for the full size spare.

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Phew! Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was thinking about starting a thread like this soon, but you beat me!
Since delivery appears to be happening in September, winter will be just around the corner.

Good to know that the 16" Focus steelies will work!

Anybody know what size tire comes on Foci with 16" steelies?
For some reason, I'm having a hard time finding that bit of info.
I need to find out if the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R is available in that size.

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have Nokian Hakkapelittas. The size is 205/55/R16

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Someone asked the question on facebook and 16" wheels will fit. Man, that's a relief. That means tires won't be too expensive.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Ford ST The 16", 17" or 18" wheel from the 2012 Focus will fit on the ST for a winter set up. - Lisa Schoder Focus ST US Brand Manager

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I asked right after I posted here.

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just ordered my wheel covers. If anyone goes with OEM steel wheels let me know. I bought Nice OEM ford wheel covers that don't work with my after market wheels.

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First year I've bought a pair. I was a little disappointed, we didn't get any snow! Unheard of where I live. Mildest winter in my lifetime

·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thanks for the update. I asked on FB too. I have 16" wheels which should be fine.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.