Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in early june, I talked to my local small-town Ford dealer and got them to place an order for me. At the moment, all I have is an email exchange between the dealership and myself about the options/colour I wanted, and their response stating that they have ordered the car. No official paperwork, no down payment, or anything else. I followed up with them last week to see if there was any further news regarding my order and they said "nothing yet, we'll let you know".

Nothing wrong with that. I trust that they will let me know since I know the guys who work there reasonably well. Just wanted to know if anyone else had actual paperwork or down payments in hand.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I got a Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) at time of order, but otherwise same as you, plus I had to put down $500 deposit. Paid $1,350 under MSRP with tech pack. Not the best price, but they were the only dealer who would even consider not selling at MSRP!?!
What'd you pay?

Just noticed, I also signed Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been given a quote of $30,000 with the Tech Package. I haven't put anything down yet - the dealer said no deposit required. My family has done the dealership a few favors in the past and bought a number of cars there over the years, so my arrangement is basically an email handshake at the moment.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I used to work for the dealer i ordered mine from. They are giving me employee pricing and have ordered 1 of the 2 dealer ST's to my specs. I havent signed any agreements with them and they are not worried because if we cannot come to an agreement they wont have a problem selling it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've been given a quote of $30,000 with the Tech Package. I haven't put anything down yet - the dealer said no deposit required. My family has done the dealership a few favors in the past and bought a number of cars there over the years, so my arrangement is basically an email handshake at the moment.
Great price. Looks like a $1K less than me, guess I suck at negotiating, lol. Maybe you got the family discount. At this point, I just hope Canadians don't get shafted on the wait time with this HID delay etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just put down a deposit on a fully loaded Tuxedo Black ST. I was able to lock in the employee family pricing that's going on right now, which knocked about $2800 off the price. No word on a build/ship date. There's not even a VIN attached to it yet. Hopefully I can get it within the next few months.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used to work for the dealer i ordered mine from. They are giving me employee pricing and have ordered 1 of the 2 dealer ST's to my specs. I havent signed any agreements with them and they are not worried because if we cannot come to an agreement they wont have a problem selling it.
Hi SVT Guy, do you know how you locked in employee pricing?? I was told at my dealership they weren't able to do that. I got a fantastic price ($100 over invoice) as we know the dealership really well, however if I could lock in employee pricing before the end of the month, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Employee pricing is available to anyone in Canada before August 31st. If your dealer is telling you otherwise, then they are lying.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Employee pricing is available to anyone in Canada before August 31st. If your dealer is telling you otherwise, then they are lying.
I can confirm this. My dealer locked in employee pricing for me as well, and if there is a another offer when I take delivery he will let me choose which offer I want to go with.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I can confirm this. My dealer locked in employee pricing for me as well, and if there is a another offer when I take delivery he will let me choose which offer I want to go with.
Same here. Now let’s just hope the interest rates will go down a little bit while we’re waiting…

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've put 500 dollars down on a Performance Blue ST with technology package and navigation. It's locked in at A-plan price as I'm an employee. I was told that the order has been placed and I have a DORA # whatever that is? I didn't bother getting the DORA# from the sales associate since we are still a few months away. I'm hoping to capitalize on whatever incentive is offer between now and when I get delivery to save a few buck, maybe Cosco cash will be offered. Also during the winter months they usually have a winter tire and rim promo going, that would be timely.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Same here. My dealer had an allotment of two - first one went a couple weeks ago, and I signed the deal and put down a deposit on the second this past weekend. Doing a factory order with nav and sunroof - taking a couple more days to settle on colour (wife wants black, I like white, but it's her car lol) and got employee pricing locked in on it. Also, if the interest rate drops by the time of delivery, we get that improved rate (which would be nice!)

EDIT - white it is!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks everyone! I went to my dealer and told them about the number of people on ST Nation who got Ford Family Pricing. They looked into it after previously saying no, and got the pricing for me. Couldn't be happier, amazing car at an amazing price.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm checking a production constraint list weekly and it's still showing "ST not scheduling until further notice". When I see that change I'll post here tolet you all know it'll be time to lean on the dealerships for a VIN#.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm checking a production constraint list weekly and it's still showing "ST not scheduling until further notice". When I see that change I'll post here tolet you all know it'll be time to lean on the dealerships for a VIN#.
That would be great, thx
:thumb:

1 - 20 of 114 Posts