Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Calipers appear to be 2 piston in all the photos I've seen. Only difference in ST over regular foci is the 12.6 inch front rotors. My titanium has tiny brakes, but with tires on the handling pack (pilot sport 3's) car stops on a dime. Can't wait to see what ST can do !

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hopefully the ST engineers work the brakes. When the SVT guys introduced the SVT Focus in 2002, one of the most outstanding characteristics of the car was its brakes. The SVT Focus actually out stopped a Boxster from 80 MPH. The ABS almost never intervenes; and I've never had them fade. Have to believe that the ST will continue with the SVT legacy. :!:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Sweet! So you test for Ford? What tests are y'all running? How's fade? Any specs in Calipers and pads? We need info! Lol ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
My titanium has tiny brakes, but with tires on the handling pack (pilot sport 3's) car stops on a dime. Can't wait to see what ST can do !
Yes, everyone should remember that having huge brakes with 18 pistons is not the end all be all when it comes to stopping distance. You need to start with good tires.

The OFFICIAL Brake Upgrade / Big Brake Kit FAQ ! - NASIOC

The car will come with summers, which should help in magazine comparisons and all that.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I will let you know when that test is run. So far it has met or exceeded SVT specs...
Green - that's really good to hear considering that my 2002 Focus SVT is almost 500 lbs. lighter than the ST! :D

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Nope, just plain silver. I don't mind one bit, though... To me, red calipers look ricey.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Calipers appear to be 2 piston in all the photos I've seen. Only difference in ST over regular foci is the 12.6 inch front rotors. My titanium has tiny brakes, but with tires on the handling pack (pilot sport 3's) car stops on a dime. Can't wait to see what ST can do !
According to some.... All seasons are just as good. lol

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Yes, everyone should remember that having huge brakes with 18 pistons is not the end all be all when it comes to stopping distance. You need to start with good tires.

The OFFICIAL Brake Upgrade / Big Brake Kit FAQ ! - NASIOC

The car will come with summers, which should help in magazine comparisons and all that.

TRUTH!! We are not slowing down loaded Peterbilts coming down out of a mountain pass. These are small and light cars so there is not
the need for mega-brakes.

You really want to make the brakes feel dandy?
get these:

2012 Focus Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines: JSC Speed

I have had them on all my vehicles and they are so WORTH it!

·
Registered
110 Posts
You really want to make the brakes feel dandy?
get these:

2012 Focus Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines: JSC Speed

I have had them on all my vehicles and they are so WORTH it!
Meh. I installed them on both my old WRX and my MR2, and didn't feel like there was much difference at all, versus a well-bled stock system. (well bled being the key part)

Decent discussion here. For a street only car I really don't think they are worth it. I didn't even bother with them on the Evo.
Aftermarket Stainless brakelines no better than OEM? - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum

1 - 20 of 21 Posts