Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey was just wondering if anyone thinks that badass sound we'll be hearing in the cabin will be annoying to anyone on the other end of a call through Sync? I have a Titanium now and can't even use the Sync for my phone calls because people on the other end complain of noise, even when the windows are up. Sucks because it defeats the whole purpose if I have to hold the stupid phone to my ear, which will not be fun once I need that hand to shift.

·
Registered
166 Posts
From what I've read, the car is pretty quiet most of the time, and only opens the sound pipe when you get on the gas / high revs.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Noise cancelation. That should have been at the top of the list with the Sound Symposer.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I have no problem with sync in my car. No complaints a out sound quality from anyone ever. I never thought about it bu now that you bring it up, it would only be intrusive under acceleration, not the time I want to be chatting on the phone...

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Don't have an issue in our Fiesta and the ST should be quieter accept under WOT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have a feel that when your on the phone your probably not going to be getting into the throttle that hard to so I don't expect this to be that big of an issue. That withstanding I'll probably be putting some extra insulation inbehind the microphone to help with everyday road noise if it proves to be an issue.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha I like it Eric! I'm thinkin it may be my current car/phone setup but I'd love to hear what it sounds like on the other end. Think I'll have to try that one of these times because it would be nice to use again. I'm not even on the phone that much but it's a great feature to have. And a semi related note, I've seen probably every video there is to see on this car (as I'm sure most of us have) and notice that the sound in the cabin is distinct no matter what RPM you're at. Obviously under WOT and over that 3,500 mark it'll be louder but there is a subtle rumble even when moving fairly slow. Personally I feel it's so awesome to have a "V8" rumble to this sporty 4 cylinder car and I don't care that it's "fake" or generated. When you see clips of other cars they don't sound nearly as meaty so this is a great feature. I can't afford the gas mileage in any of the muscle cars I like and I HATE the dumbass weedwacker Hondas out there so to have a unique sound like this inside will be greatly appreciated. Anyway, thanks for the input and I hope all of us have clear calls haha.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Agreed. I really like the ASS.

And they could double market it as a call blocker. ASS BLOCKER.

Also, if I were to get the car (still hopeful), I'm sure mainly it would be hijinx at first.

Speed dial #1: "Hey, check this out!"
Speed dial #2: "Can you hear that?!"
Speed dial #3: "AWWWWW Yeah!!!!"
Speed dial #1: "Honey...no. I know. Yes, I know. I'll stop doing it. I just can't help...yes, I know. Okay, we can swap cars tomorrow."

·
Registered
175 Posts
"I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am! I'll have to call you back."

Reactions: ScorpioWRXST

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have trouble with Bluetooth phonecalls in My Titanium as well. People on the other end say they have trouble hearing me because all of the background noise. I tried the insulation around mic mod and it didn't help. I noticed it has more to do with the tires (Michelin PS3's ) on different surfaces than actual wind noise. It can be quiet as a church in my car, but people still say it's too loud on the other end of a phone. Gotta be a frequency issue. Lots of focus owners have complained and tried to fix this. I don't even use hands free anymore because of it, and I'm hoping it got resolved in 2013's.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
What type of phone are you using?

On the go via Tapatalk

·
Registered
617 Posts
What type of phone are you using?

On the go via Tapatalk
Samsung Epic Touch (Galaxy S2).
Was same results with my previous Evo 4G.
None of my previous Ford sync systems had this problem so I'm pretty sure it's not phone related. I believe the mic location in the headliner by the sunroof with little to no insulation is the problem. The frequency of the tires is magnified by the roof and the mic picks it up. Again, it's not noticeable to the naked ear while driving. Car is incredibly quiet even on the PS3 18's. I just think it's something the mic is picking up, or the type of mic used. I stuffed insulation around it hoping to improve it, but it didn't work.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts