Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow ST fans, quick question for any neighbors of mine out there. Anyone place an order from a Southeast Michigan dealer that will accept X-plan? I have placed my order for a white ST3 at Roy O Brien (purchased 3 vehicles from them in the past) and they say they will not take my X-plan. Plenty of people on here say that dealers should be taking them so any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
X-plan is voluntary for dealers so they do not have to take it. However there are a number that are accepting it. I would cancel your current order immediately and find another dealership that will take it. Perhaps when you cancel your order your current dealership will have a change of heart and change their tune!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kinda what I was thinking, fortunately I live near tons of Ford dealerships so it shouldn't be a problem. Guess I never knew each dealer was different but he did say that back when they had the SVT Contour/Cobra/Lightning they never took any plans on those either. Hmm, guess I'll be making a few calls tomorrow. Thanks for the input. Wonder if my ST3 order will still qualify for that GoPro or not since the ST3 is delayed. Not vital to get that but still would be cool.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dean arbor Tawas is the only ford dealership I will ever do business with very friendly and will work with you in any case to satisfy the customer. Deff worth it if you don't mind making a little bit of a drive to get a great deal and great service . FYI village ford in Dearborn is absolute garbage and a trap, they will screw you 6 ways from Sunday.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Anthony ketchum at Szott Ford (Holly) will hook you up.

szott ford of holly.. lol.. that was the dealer I originally contacted to place a pre-order through back in May. Their sales manager didn't want to quote me a price, but still wanted me to leave a deposit in the hopes that some time down the road they'd give me a price that I was happy with. They said current prices were $1,000 over msrp, when people on here were getting deals left and right well under msrp. I can't whole heartedly suggest buying through them after my experience.

My pre-order is through suburban ford in Waterford, and they've been a joy to work with ever since I contacted them. My saleswoman is Laurie Moses. I'll be buying with A-plan.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm getting A-plan through Tom Holzer Ford in Farmington Hills. Working with Donna Pipkin. She seems pretty on the ball, knew about the GoPro camera thing before I came in. I've heard good things about Blackwell Ford in Plymouth too, but have no idea on whether they honor plan pricing.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, think I may have found a good deal that will take my X-plan. I wish I could get an A-plan but don't have any close enough relatives. Whatever, I'm like everyone else on this site and just want the thing already! Sat in a Mustang and just couldn't ever buy that thing. My Titanium now is so much sportier feeling and hugs me like a cockpit. Anyway, it's pretty amazing how many lousy dealers there are out there. Nice to know good ones exist thanks again!

·
Registered
547 Posts
szott ford of holly.. lol.. that was the dealer I originally contacted to place a pre-order through back in May. Their sales manager didn't want to quote me a price, but still wanted me to leave a deposit in the hopes that some time down the road they'd give me a price that I was happy with. They said current prices were $1,000 over msrp, when people on here were getting deals left and right well under msrp. I can't whole heartedly suggest buying through them after my experience.

My pre-order is through suburban ford in Waterford, and they've been a joy to work with ever since I contacted them. My saleswoman is Laurie Moses. I'll be buying with A-plan.
Hmmm Odd! I placed my order with zero problems! No deposit, and I get A-plan! They called me on vacation to let me know package 202a has been changed to pkg 300. I've had a couple friends have great expierence's from them. I changed my order twice, no problem's. They knew about the gopro program since day one. Did you call them, or did you stop by the showroom?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hmmm Odd! I placed my order with zero problems! No deposit, and I get A-plan! They called me on vacation to let me know package 202a has been changed to pkg 300. I've had a couple friends have great expierence's from them. I changed my order twice, no problem's. They knew about the gopro program since day one. Did you call them, or did you stop by the showroom?
I went to them first because my wife (fiancee at the time) bought her 2012 Ford Escape Limited from them. I went there to pick up the vehicle with her and got a good vibe from the sales people. I told them about my interest in the Focus ST and how I was going to come back once the order banks were open. They seemed excited to have my business. The whole experience was very positive.

I called the same sales lady in May and told her I wanted to pre-order an ST. I didn't stop into the showroom because it's a little bit of a hike for me. I didn't get the feeling that she remembered me over the phone, but she seemed willing to help.. I informed her that the car was not eligible for A/X/Z plan, which she was surprised about, so I forwarded her the Ford press release.

I told her I was ready to throw down a deposit right away, but wanted them to quote me a price. She got back to me later that day and said the sale manager didn't want to lock into anything this early in the order process. They'd take a deposit and lock me in for one, and if I didn't like the price they give me once it arrives I could get my deposit back. I felt somewhat offended, but a slight sense of loyalty told me to stick around and see what happens.. So I gave her my card number for a deposit.

Over the next week or so, I realized I was being taken for a ride and they were just using me to get a car on the lot.. I pressed harder for a quote and she told me that the sales manager had informed her that the market at the time was like $1,000 over msrp. But it will probably go down, so I shouldn't worry. :LOL: Of course at this time, people on here were locking in deals well below msrp. I eventually contacted a few other dealers which all were happy to give me a price (under msrp). I called Szott Ford back and told them I was going to take an offer somewhere else and wanted my deposit back.

Of course now, the car is A/X/Z plan eligible and I am getting A plan, so the pricing thing is moot, but the experience was enough to sour my mood on them.

Additionally, a salesmen at another dealer had told me that Szott Ford was being investigated for shady advertisement practices.. I cannot confirm or deny that, it might have just been someone throwing mud.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Dealership experiences are all about talking to the right people, so I suspect I was just talking to the wrong person. I'm glad your experience was more positive :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts