1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
In time for the cruse?

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Yah thats what I was thinking. Its right around 14 mile which is the heart of the cruise. Ford will have a million plus people drive past this billboard next weekend.
What is "the Cruise"?

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tell us more! Sounds interesting.
The Woodward Dream Cruise

For one weekend a year, one of the main arteries in the Detroit area (Woodward Ave) is completely taken over by a car show. Classic cars roll up and down the 6 lane road, people line the street, and parking lots are packed full of vehicles that you would give your first born child to own (okay maybe second born?).

People come from all over the country for it. A "mecca" of automotive history, if you will. Woodward is a hotbed of activity for weeks even before the cruise. I was down there this past Saturday and it was already starting up.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
X2 Rowman for the link

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I dragged my wife down to the Ford exhibit at the dream cruise earlier this evening, in the hopes that I might catch a glimpse of an ST. I was pleasantly rewarded!

Both of these were ST3s. The white one had a half cage in it.

There was also a tangerine scream ST2 back up the road a little ways, open so everyone could tour the inside. No pics of that because people were ALL over it. But I got to sit in it and all I have to say is holy cow... Those seats are incredible. Ten times more excited about delivery of my own. :thumb:

·
Registered
264 Posts
UGHHHHHH!!!!!! Of course they had a white one there. I had to work and actually drove over Woodward a few times during my route but wasn't near this exhibit or I would have stopped. Figures, the one car I WANT to see was right near me and I didn't go. Oh well, saw my dream ride (Z06 Vette) floor it around the light at 15 & Woodward so that rocked but oh how I would have liked to have seen this. Thanks for the pics, what an awesome day we had this year. First time in the past few years it's been decent.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got to sit in the white one early saturday morning talked to a ford racing guy cause no one was around and asked and he said yes and told me how he had to put 1500 mile on one. poor guy he said they are working on a muffler for it. And he said it stops so well and can go on 3 wheels very easy. And then he said he got to drive he Euro RS and said that is a AWESOME car and it stops for 100 to 0 in a shorter distance then a Ford GT. Said the car is amazing on what it can do. so now i want my oxford white one NOW!!!! More then ever now. And yes the Recaro's are so comfortable its not even funny.

Reactions: Rownan
1 - 17 of 17 Posts