Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went by a Ford Dealership today to take a look at the various colors that are available for Focuses (Foci?). Of the 6 colors that are available for the ST, 4 of them are offered on other Focus models.

A couple of observations. First, Race Red is a very "orangey" red. Frankly, it looks nothing like the color Ford shows on their ST colorizer page. If anything, the color on Ford's ST promotional material looks more like the standard Focus color Red Candy. A note to all ST buyers who are ordering the car sight unseen - if you're ordering Race Red check out the color first: it may be more orange than you think.

Second, Ford offers 2 whites on their standard Focuses: Oxford White and White Platinum TriCoat. Oxford White is offered on the ST; and the White Platinum color that is not offered is a metal flake paint. Hard to tell the difference, but when up close the White Platinum has more brilliance than the Oxford White.

My last comment is a question concerning blue. I wonder how close the ST color Performance Blue is to the standard Focus color Kona Blue. When Ford built the SVT 10 years ago, they only offered 4 colors but one of them was a "unique to the SVT" blue. It had sort of a purplish tint that I thought was striking. Always kind of kicked myself for not having gone with that color. I hope Performance Blue is sort of like that color, because Kona Blue does nothing for me.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Colors come and go. Exclusivity may only be model year specific. If you want something special, how about the tangerine scream.

I have a candy red 2012 Focus right now and the color is very nice. Much better than the race red IMO

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Colors come and go. Exclusivity may only be model year specific. If you want something special, how about the tangerine scream.

I have a candy red 2012 Focus right. Ow and the color is very nice. Much better than the race red IMO
Shomare - that was pretty much my thought exactly. I think the Red Candy color is a much better color than Race Red. It's funny, because when I saw the red ST in the new Ford ad (the one promoting their "Further" thinking), I really thought that I would be interested in red. But after viewing Race Red in person, it doesn't work for me. And as the wise man once said, opinions are like %&$^&(#@, everyone has one! :!:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I dunno...At the dealership in town they have a race red and a red candy focus side by side, and after looking at it for a while I think I liked the race red better. Red candy is a bit darker and a has a hint of purple in it, making it look almost a wine color (not quite that purple-ish though). While the race red just looks brighter and more exciting. It might have a hint of orange, but that makes it just about match my current car's color.

·
Registered
495 Posts
performance blue is nothing like kona blue. The performance blue has been making the trade show rounds and it's much much closer to a royal blue than purple

·
4,009 Posts

·
4,009 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Great snaps STephan!

·
4,009 Posts
Reactions: FormulaGPL

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any pictures of a silver ST? I'm stuck between silver and black (never a big fan of colorful paint, although that blue looks pretty tempting), but the silver might seem too light for my liking

1 - 20 of 31 Posts