Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ST Mats!

I met Brian from Redline Tuning in SEMA back in November 2012. They had this prototype hood strut for the Boxji car...

That was pretty cool, hope they make that sometime. However, they told me that for the Focus SVT they had made floor mats. Brian and his business partner both expressed interest in making some Focus ST mats. Well last week they sent me some of the prototypes.

They are really good construction, and well stitched. They are twice was thick as the OEM mats. You guys know that the OEM mats with thin and dinky. I couldn't believe that Ford didn't give us better floor mats, but it is what is it.

Well that won't be a problem much longer. Because Redline Tuning is going to release these mats in a few weeks. They very nice and a big improvement over the stock mats. The colors matches good, and the ST stitching is woven well.

p.s. Sorry about the mess in my car, but its winter time, and I don't clean very often because it only would last a week if a did clean it. But they look good in the car.

Redline Tuning - Hood Support, hood lift, gas springs, hood strut, hood struts, bonnet, bonet, hood lifters, hood damper, prop rod, hood lift, QuickLIFT, Quick LIFT

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I will be first in line for those. The Redline mats in my SVT lasted nearly 7 years of shifting in dress shoes with hard heels before they finally started to wear through. Super heavy duty, super high quality, and as you can see from the pictures, they get the embroidery *perfect*. Dead match for factory logos. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Yep, have very nice quality products. I just ordered another set for one of my SVT Focus a couple months ago. I'm hoping they come up with an updated dead pedal for the ST like they did for the SVT as I hate resting my foot on carpet that will likely wear down and isn't easy to replace. Either that or a set of Husky Liners will be in order for my car.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
They look nice, and certainly seem an upgrade over the stock mats...however, I'll pass since they do not cover the dead pedal area. If they come up with a new revision of the mat that covers the dead pedal, then I'll be first in line to get them.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I really wish the ST logo was about twice as big and rotated counter clockwise 90 degrees. We already have an ST logo going that direction on the doorplate. Just seems like it'd look better rotated.

Have fun and drive safe,
-Ocysp

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would be down for the hood struts. Not sure about the mats. I'd like the logo to rotate counter clockwise myself. I wonder whether can Redline custom make them for us who want the logo rotated?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
One thing about rotating the logo, if done it would probably look best at the bottom, middle of the mat closest to the seat. While looking good that area likely will see more wear and tear with dirty shoe contact than where they place it on the side. Sometimes I'm already finding my heal resting up against the carpet on the elevated area the front of the seat bolts to.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I think the embroidery orientation will look fine - Redline's SVT mats created the same sill plate logo/mat logo configuration, and I never thought anything of it or had anyone say anything. Just my opinion.

As for covering the dead pedal...I don't know if I've ever seen carpeted mats that were contoured to cover a dead pedal? Maybe it's just the cars I've driven, but usually they're just flat carpet and they don't go up the sides of the foot wells. Correct me if i'm wrong. I do agree with blackbird though, I hope Redline also makes a dead pedal replacement like they did for the SVT.

·
Registered
922 Posts
The Redline mats in my SVT lasted nearly 7 years of shifting in dress shoes with hard heels before they finally started to wear through.
Impressive. I feel like I've replaced mine every two years or so (then again, I never waited for the driver's mat to wear through).

Anyway, the SVT ones are definitely far better than OEM, so I'm sure these will be equally good. Besides the embroidery, another great thing about the SVT ones is that the REAR mats are far superior to OEM in that they're way bigger - OEMs look like Chiclets in comparison.

I only wish Redline sold the fronts separately, because I'm on my third set of fronts and original set of rears (so have two sets of new rears just sitting around - and never was motivated to try selling them).

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had Redline hood struts on my Roush and I've got to say, easy install, excellent product. I definitely would want them for the ST.
The mats look killer...where do we order?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Yep, I forgot about the added coverage on the rear mats - the Redline ones go way under the front seat, whereas the factory ones are just little tiny patches that barely hold their position. Good point buying just fronts vs. a whole set. I frankly could do with them just selling me a new driver's side...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Too bad the logo is facing the wrong direction.

Otherwise, I might be interested.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I don't see why the logos are in the "wrong" direction - after all, they line up with the "ST" on the door sills. And this orientation of the logos has never bothered me in the six-odd years I've had their SVT mats. (Although now - thanks ya'll - it probably will...)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts