Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you Canadians out there, the Ford Canada website now says "Starting at $29,999" . Lucky us.

However, If what this Ford marketing guy says is correct, then we are hopefully getting a cross between the ST2 & ST3 as base model. It's funny, Ford edited the first video at the :048 mark, he used to say "coming this summer" , they edited that out. Starting at 1:07 he says in Canada we are getting 'standard HID lights and standard Recaro's' If that is true, I have little problem with the $29,999 MSRP. In the second video they could not edit, he is caught saying available in summer.

All-new Ford Focus ST | Performance Meets Efficiency | Ford Canada - YouTube

2013 Ford Focus ST: Sporty, Powerful, Fun Drive - YouTube

·
Registered
547 Posts
All you Canadians out there, the Ford Canada website now says "Starting at $29,999" . Lucky us.

However, If what this Ford marketing guy says is correct, then we are hopefully getting a cross between the ST2 & ST3 as base model. It's funny, Ford edited the first video at the :048 mark, he used to say "coming this summer" , they edited that out. Starting at 1:07 he says in Canada we are getting 'standard HID lights and standard Recaro's' If that is true, I have little problem with the $29,999 MSRP. In the second video they could not edit, he is caught saying available in summer.

All-new Ford Focus ST | Performance Meets Efficiency | Ford Canada - YouTube

2013 Ford Focus ST: Sporty, Powerful, Fun Drive - YouTube
I drove the canuck version last week. I thought I was hauling ass until I quickly figured speedo was khr. lol Once again, no one will be getting a ST by the end of summer. It's just not happening!!!!!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I drove the canuck version last week. I thought I was hauling ass until I quickly figured speedo was khr. lol Once again, no one will be getting a ST by the end of summer. It's just not happening!!!!!!
Care to share from what you remember it had as standard features?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that is funny!! Good to know canuck versions are being built/tested! These cars are boost limited right? How does that work, after so many miles it goes to normal boost? It would be cool if you can determine if the Canadian marketing guy is right and the car comes standard with HID lights and partial leather Recaro's. It damn well better for $30,000! Thanks for the info elnorte.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Now that is funny!! Good to know canuck versions are being built/tested! These cars are boost limited right? How does that work, after so many miles it goes to normal boost? It would be cool if you can determine if the Canadian marketing guy is right and the car comes standard with HID lights and partial leather Recaro's. It damn well better for $30,000! Thanks for the info elnorte.
Boost limited?? r u referring to the break in or Overboost function. I bet the dealer has to do a software update or reflash at your first Oil change.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boost limited?? r u referring to the break in or Overboost function. I bet the dealer has to do a software update or reflash at your first Oil change.
Yeah, like a break-in period boost limitation or something from factory. Just read about it somewhere and can't find the article. Wondering how it's limited and how the limiter is removed. Read that Shelby GT500 had something similar and people were driving away from dealers and turning around saying they had no power, lol.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So.......... Looks like fully loaded only for Canada. Does that include Moonroof?
I'm going to guess we get partial leather seats and HID lights, no moonroof, although I'm sure it'll be an option. I can't see full leather seats as standard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts