Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all!

In the European reviews of the ST, they refer to the ST1 trim as coming with cloth Recaro seats. Are the seats in the American ST1 also cloth Recaro seats, or are they the normal seats from a Focus?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Sadly, we don't get the same packages as the Euros do... the seats in the ST1 are standard two-toned Focus seats.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Not the standard seats, aren't they the sport seats from the Focus? (Still not Recaro)

See what prices you can get from dealers for an ST2, might not be too bad (I paid ~$25500). I think the seats will definitely be worth it.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I'm not sure, but I think the NA ST1 has the same seats as the Focus SE with Sport Package. Guess that's the same thing Jack just said.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Search function isn't working now but If I recall right, the are ST 1 seats that are cloth. They have the ST Logo on them. ST 2 are cloth and leather trim that can be ordered in a variety of accent colors. ST3 seats are black, all leather, and are also the only seats that offer seat heaters.

·
Registered
786 Posts
The Ford configurator actually calls the ST2 and ST3 seats Recaros but not the base. I've seen them called cloth Recaro's somewhere but can't find it now.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
ST1 Seats:
473076_375315709171228_275256485843818_995636_727414476_o.jpg

St2 Seats:

403520_372878546081611_275256485843818_991257_991596426_n.jpg

ST3 Seats:

2013-Ford-Focus-ST-Seats.jpg

·
Registered
277 Posts
Seats are pretty important to me.

I know I've said this several times, but The ST1 seats aren't really all that bad. I have them in my 2012 SE with Sport package now and they are quite comfortable, supportive and grippy.

That being said, I still ordered the ST2 package just so I could get the partial recaros and upgraded stereo (the ST1 is the same stereo as what is in my SE Sport now, and being a guy whos put an aftermarket system in nearly every car he's had, I can't stand it anymore).

Every review (even though they were ST3 units) has been with the ST2 seats, which I find quite odd, I'm willing to bet that it's because the ST2 seats are just that much more grippy and if they're doing press cars, they want to make sure that the review have NOTHING to complain about, so they switched out the ST3 seats with the ST2.

I'll be hopefully seeing both ST2 and ST3 seats in NYC on the 30th on my performance academy slot, I am hoping that If I like the seats in the ST3 that much more than the ST2 seats I still have time to change my order. Essentially, I was told that as soon as my order is assigned a VIN, it's too late.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Seats are pretty important to me.

I know I've said this several times, but The ST1 seats aren't really all that bad. I have them in my 2012 SE with Sport package now and they are quite comfortable, supportive and grippy.

That being said, I still ordered the ST2 package just so I could get the partial recaros and upgraded stereo (the ST1 is the same stereo as what is in my SE Sport now, and being a guy whos put an aftermarket system in nearly every car he's had, I can't stand it anymore).

Every review (even though they were ST3 units) has been with the ST2 seats, which I find quite odd, I'm willing to bet that it's because the ST2 seats are just that much more grippy and if they're doing press cars, they want to make sure that the review have NOTHING to complain about, so they switched out the ST3 seats with the ST2.

I'll be hopefully seeing both ST2 and ST3 seats in NYC on the 30th on my performance academy slot, I am hoping that If I like the seats in the ST3 that much more than the ST2 seats I still have time to change my order. Essentially, I was told that as soon as my order is assigned a VIN, it's too late.
Once a vin# is created, it's too late to change your order. I think you have a great idea by checking them out first. Spending time in all three cars, the ST3 was a no brainer for me. I get A-plan, that helped my decision as well. Actually, I changed my order to add a moonroof cuz of the savings. The moonroof is a little smaller than I'd like, but I like the 3 led interior lights on the headliner. The no moonroof headliner has one light, and didn't seem very bright to me. I like the full leathers with heat, and more adjustability. The projection headlights with valet lighting (also side mirrors are lit) are nice. I like the way the center console is laid out in the ST3. The ST2 power point seems difficult to get a bigger plug into. It's under the arm rest. You can see in the above pics what im talking about. These are just my two cents. I think you will be happy with any package you pick!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I've stretched my budget to consider an ST1 and I've managed to talk myself up to the ST2, but I do not want to spend the money. At this point I think it's either order an ST1 or go with something cheaper like a Veloster Turbo.

And I cannot imagine the ST1 seats will be poor. I've sat in 'em in an SE, and they weren't bad.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Well, I've stretched my budget to consider an ST1 and I've managed to talk myself up to the ST2, but I do not want to spend the money. At this point I think it's either order an ST1 or go with something cheaper like a Veloster Turbo.

And I cannot imagine the ST1 seats will be poor. I've sat in 'em in an SE, and they weren't bad.
lol Don't get me going on the veloster! Hahaha lmao I have a couple x-plans I would donate if it helps you buy a Ford product! :ST:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been offered invoice pricing, which seems to come out a hair cheaper. I do appreciate the thought.

And for the record, I meant no offense in the other thread. I was just looking for feedback on a decision I'm making. As I said in that thread, the last three (damned expensive) road bicycles I bought were all American-made.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've been offered invoice pricing, which seems to come out a hair cheaper. I do appreciate the thought.

And for the record, I meant no offense in the other thread. I was just looking for feedback on a decision I'm making. As I said in that thread, the last three (damned expensive) road bicycles I bought were all American-made.
lol No offense taken!

·
Registered
373 Posts

If you get the ST1 package, you're going to quickly regret not getting better seats. There's nothing I've regretted more in a car purchase than skipping the sports package on a BMW 328xi I ordered a few years back.

Try to find the money for at least the ST2 package. If you can't afford it now, just try to find a used GTI for now or hold onto your car a little longer and save. The Veloster Turbo is okay if you want a commuter car with a little extra power, the Focus ST is a bit more of a performance car than that.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I spent my morning in an SE, convincing myself that the sound system was good enough and that the seats were as well. I'd satisfied myself enough to order an ST1, but they had a Boss 302 with Recaros (not the same ones, I'm sure, but it gave me an idea). That was enough to undo all of my rationalizing.

I ordered an ST2.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The ST2 Recaros are remarkably better than the base US ST1 seats. You'll be glad you stepped up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys,

Looking into getting a ST, and I read on a review that the ST3 seats we not comfortable in everyday driving:

2013 Ford Focus ST Review: Car Reviews

Personally I have always hated leather (personal preference) and I plan this to be my everyday/fun car.

Also on a side note in the pictures posted by Shomare in post #8, the center Armrest/console is different in the ST3 than both ST1 and 2. I like the side cup holder look and was just wondering if this is just a Pre-Production change.

I have been browsing the site for a day now and thanks for all the pictures and info!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
ST3 has a different dash to accommodate the additional features in the car (Navigation, heated seats).

The ST3 seats will be comfortable unless you're a larger (wide) person, in which case the bolsters will probably hug you a bit too tight (and you'll consequently hate all versions of Recaros because of it). The fattening of America is why most foreign car companies put wider, flatter seats in our cars than they do in Europe. Jalopnik's review declared the Recaros in the Focus ST to be the most comfortable seats in any car. It's all a matter of perspective.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I found the ST2 seats to be EXTREMELY comfortable when I sat in them. Keep in mind that I'm a 40" waist as well...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts