Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Even though I wanted HID's and some of the other goodies of the ST3 package, I went with the ST2 simply because the seats look much grippier than the smooth leather ST3's. I once did a track day in an Acura with leather seats and it was pretty awful. Pulling .90 G's while turning sliding around your seat isn't fun at all.

Anyone else do the same?

403520_372878546081611_275256485843818_991257_991596426_n.jpg

vs.

2013-Ford-Focus-ST-seating.jpg

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm actually going the opposite direction. Even though I like the look (and price) of the ST2 seats better, I was told on Facebook that the ST3 seats are 6-way power adjustable while the ones on the ST2 are not. My wallet said ST2, but my body vetoed that choice. ST3 all-leather seats for me.

On a side note, the shape of the recaros is designed such that you won't slide around much in them, leather or not. The side bolstering is fantastic.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I'm actually going the opposite direction. Even though I like the look (and price) of the ST2 seats better, I was told on Facebook that the ST3 seats are 6-way power adjustable while the ones on the ST2 are not. My wallet said ST2, but my body vetoed that choice. ST3 all-leather seats for me.
I wish it wasn't so hard to find these things out, but I really don't mind either way. Having power seats would nice, but since I'm the only one to drive the car they won't move much anyway. I can think of it as weight savings I guess...

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Please guys don't forget.......chicks love the smell of leather!!!! St3 all the way for me.
Where is the statistical proof on that? :D

I like the color inserts for the ST, but HIDs are very important to me. I would actually like ST2 Seats with Red inserts, in a White ST3. lol I can only dream.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Where is the statistical proof on that? :D

I like the color inserts for the ST, but HIDs are very important to me. I would actually like ST2 Seats with Red inserts, in a White ST3. lol I can only dream.
I'm in the same boat. When I was messing around with the building editor on Ford's site, I really loved the two-toned Recaros but ultimately can't live without HIDs.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yes indeed! But won't chicks also love the small of partial leather?

Or will they just ask how come you car is not all leather? :S
Actually science has proven that chicks will wonder why the hell this cheapskate didn't spend the extra cash on full leather. Would you rather see a chick in a nice leather outfit *wink* *wink* or a full race suit? Wait both of those do it for me...... I think u are picking up what I'm putting down.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Actually science has proven that chicks will wonder why the hell this cheapskate didn't spend the extra cash on full leather. Would you rather see a chick in a nice leather outfit *wink* *wink* or a full race suit? Wait both of those do it for me...... I think u are picking up what I'm putting down.
Race suit is way hotter. Full leather girls freak me out haha.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Leather's great if you like pissing vegetarians and vegans off. :D
I went with the full leather, mostly because I like the other features of the ST3. I could have gone either way on the seats. Although, the full leather seats are adjustable and heated, which is a nice bonus.
Plus, if you have a good tint on your windows, they won't get too hot in the summer. And I'm definitely going to have a good, UV protected tint on my windows.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Even though I wanted HID's and some of the other goodies of the ST3 package, I went with the ST2 simply because the seats look much grippier than the smooth leather ST3's. I once did a track day in an Acura with leather seats and it was pretty awful. Pulling .90 G's while turning sliding around your seat isn't fun at all.

Anyone else do the same?
I'm with you on hating slippery leather seats at track and autocross events. That is exactly why I had every intention of getting the ST2 package. So why did I order it with the ST3 package instead? Because: a) I've learned how to deal with performance driving in leather seats (with using harnesses or even just a CG-Lock), and b) I wanted more style this time 'round because buying the ST frees me up to get more serious about prepping my "fun" car: Imageshack - dsci0343small.jpg

·
Registered
547 Posts
You will like the full leather recaros. They're very snug. They make you feel like you're part of the car. I didn't slide around when I drove it.

·
Registered
693 Posts
how was the leather? in terms of softness. The infinity owned and all the Mercedes i have worked on the leather is real soft/smooth to the touch. Does this leather compare to the leather one would find in this class of car?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I keep going back and forth between ST2 and ST3...I really can't make up my mind. I wish I could sit in and get a feel for both packages before the order is finalized.

·
Registered
742 Posts
You will like the full leather recaros. They're very snug. They make you feel like you're part of the car. I didn't slide around when I drove it.
I'll be honest, at my size, the Recaros are going to be very very very very very snug. I drove a 2012 Focus with sport seats (same as base ST) and already felt "part of the car", so probably even more so in the Recaros.

·
Registered
100 Posts
yeah i went with the st2 i think the seat options look better.

·
Registered
693 Posts
i really dont think there will be a huge difference other than the obvious. Im sure both will be top notch and uber comfy.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts