Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if it would be possible to order an ST2 with the HID projectors? I've noticed on the website it won't let you get the HID projectors without the ST3 package, but I don't want the ST3 package. :\

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Not from the factory sadly for the 2013 model year. That is the one thing I would love to have in my ST2, but I'm not going to spend about $2500 more (+tax) for them and be forced to get all the stuff I really don't need in the ST3 package. There may be a way to purchase them from Ford and install them after delivery, but there will very likely be more parts involved than just the headlamps.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
It was common to make this swap on previous gen Foci. I'd like to do it to but I won't spend crazy money to do it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not from the factory sadly for the 2013 model year. That is the one thing I would love to have in my ST2, but I'm not going to spend about $2500 more (+tax) for them and be forced to get all the stuff I really don't need in the ST3 package. There may be a way to purchase them from Ford and install them after delivery, but there will very likely be more parts involved than just the headlamps.
This. All of it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A friend of mine recently picked up a 5.0 without the HID's and installed the OEM HID's afterwards. I'll see how the install was for him. I'm sure it'll be somewhat similar for the Focus ST. I'm hoping it's not to much of a pain, because I would really like that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My thoughts exactly. I'm really curious to see what Ford Racing will offer for these cars and how well they will be supported by Cobb Tuning after seeing how Ford gave them a car for SEMA.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I might be wrong, but the ST2 should still come with projector housings, which means it would be as simple as picking up some HID ballasts and bulbs (couple hundred bucks).

You wouldn't have the LED running lights that the ST3s come with, but would have a similar effect.

Can anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I just looked at some pictures, from what I can tell the ST1/ST2 headlight housings do not have the projector included, so a retro fit would be required =\

1 - 10 of 10 Posts