Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with an ST3 received this error message? I believe it was something like "Headlamp Fault. Service Required". Headlights seem to be working fine. I brought my car into the dealership this morning to have that checked out as well as see if I can get the MFT update. They took longer than I expected diagnosing this, so I had to make another appointment for Friday since I was short on time.

Forgot to ask what the actual OBD code was. Perhaps I'll stop by an auto parts store on my way home from work tonight to find out.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've heard of people seeing this message once but never appearing again.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it popped up twice that night and hasn't showed up since (been a couple days). Hmm...debating if it's worth my time to take off work to have it looked at again. I could just do the MFT update myself later too.

Still going to see what the code is though.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Got it once when my headlights were covered in ice. Scraped the ice off and restarted the car and the message was gone.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had this happen as well.
Ford also had this issue in the past, can't remember the specifics of it though.

Essentially a number of things are happening in the car, (for me I had just turned it on, foot was on break, blue tooth was connecting changing the radio station etc) and a voltage signal can be misread or unintentionally sent via the car's main system.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My passenger side HID turned off once after hitting a pothole (just the one headlight). Everything else was fine (no error codes, all other lights worked). Restarted the car, and both headlights lit up again. Weird.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My passenger side cornering lamp stopped working the other night. Turned the headlights off then back on and it started working again.

·
Registered
160 Posts
had that same problem Thursday night. 5600 miles. both lights were working fine. restarted engine and service light went away.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've had it happen a few times. My buddy was driving in from of me and one of the lights actually went out. I cycled the lights and it came back on. Weird.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had the headlight fault thing happen once and it never came back. Now I get an nav card error every so often. I haven't done the update yet so maybe this will fix that.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The computer monitors the draw on the headlights. When it senses the current is too low it will turn them off and signal the dash dummy light. I'm guessing you guys are getting a fluctuation in power to the headlights and it is causing the ECU to power them down. I have a feeling the ST3 headlights are going to be a headache for some people down the road.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well I finally got my ST today and with only 3 miles on it I gotta take it in tomorrow since my passenger side LED eyebrow isn't working. I signed all my papers and whatnot earlier while on a break from work and then went back to pick it up in the evening after the dealership was closed. Not the start I was hoping to have but hopefully it's something minor. No error messages of any type and all other lights on the car work.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well I finally got my ST today and with only 3 miles on it I gotta take it in tomorrow since my passenger side LED eyebrow isn't working. I signed all my papers and whatnot earlier while on a break from work and then went back to pick it up in the evening after the dealership was closed. Not the start I was hoping to have but hopefully it's something minor. No error messages of any type and all other lights on the car work.
Sounds like a bad ground on that side of the car

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
24 Posts
I googled this error after getting it for the second time since owning the car. This is the forum that showed up in the search results.
It first happened at 2000 kms then just now at 6100 kms.
Both lights were perfectly fine.
I started the car and I did notice however the car was idling at 1200 rpm and running a little rough. I couldn't pull my camera out quick enough to snap a picture of the error.
After shutting the car off an restarting it, the error didn't come back and it idles fine at 650-700rpm.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I got this error message for the first time this morning. I did shut of the car and restarted it and the error message was gone. Hopefully it's just some glitch. I did check the HID lights and they were working fine. Speaking of the headlights, I noticed the eyebrow lights flickering the other day for the first time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts