Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1915 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to this forum. Its a great place to exchange ideas and I have learned a lot about this car from the site.

I have been shopping to order a Perf Blue ST, with the ST3 package, moonroof and engine block heater. I was at a dealer Saturday and they could not pull up the 202A to even price it out, but the 200A (ST1) and 201 (ST2) were able to loaded. The dealer called me this morning, saying Ford sent out a short notice this morning to dealers that the Equipment Group 202A (ST3) package will not be available for the Focus STs.

Anyone else hear of this news?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Just emailed my dealer.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Must be a glitch in the order system or they are just wrong, it's been listed on the ST page for months so I highly doubt Ford would wait until now to change their mind about what is going in the car.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
People have been ordering ST3s since the beginning of May. I'm sure your dealer is just giving you the run-around.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Dealer I'm talking to says that some dealers will be reluctant to take pre-orders for cars that they don't think they could sell if you walked away from it (I'm told Ford requires all deposits must be refundable on pre-orders, because specifications are subject to change).

I could see the point where dealers in some areas just don't think they'll be able to sell a near $30K Focus. I'll join the BS chorus.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Agreed. It's BS and they have no idea what they are talking about. Do as the ST PreOrder site says, build what you want, print it out and take that back to a different dealership.

Reactions: Baron164

·
Registered
753 Posts
Agreed. It's BS and they have no idea what they are talking about. Do as the ST PreOrder site says, build what you want, print it out and take that back to a different dealership.
yeah, I'd recommend the same thing. I printed out the sheet and took it to the dealer and they just ordered what I had printed out.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Make sure to out this dealership in the bad dealers thread.

On the go - Via TapTalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
From my dealer:

"Just asked my GM about this..... according to our FORD Rep the Ford Focus ST 202A package are on a material hold. They will remain on hold until the issue is resolved."

My reply: "So was my order affected?"

Dealer: "I think your order was affected. My GM is actually going to have a meeting with our Rep today so I will find out more information for you."

Ahhhhhhh noooooo :eek:

·
Registered
908 Posts
From my dealer:

"Just asked my GM about this..... according to our FORD Rep the Ford Focus ST 202A package are on a material hold. They will remain on hold until the issue is resolved."

My reply: "So was my order affected?"

Dealer: "I think your order was affected. My GM is actually going to have a meeting with our Rep today so I will find out more information for you."

Ahhhhhhh noooooo :eek:
Wait, so, like, they actually are delaying the ST3?

ELNORTE WHERE ARE YOU???? :p

1 - 20 of 1915 Posts