Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted by Lisa on Facebook here are the ST1 Cloth seats. They look pretty standard. :) They certainly take A LOT of the sport from the car. These seats make the car loose its character in my opinion.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Geez, those seats look like hell!! I think my 1994 del sol has better looking seats than those. I do agree with you, it does take away the from the car.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Personally, I like them. I wish they were a nice rich black rather than a faded-ish black/charcoal. They look comfortable and are much sportier than the bucket seats I have in my zx3. Should I get an ST, these are the seats I would end up with and I have no problem with that. :)

And I have to say I love the new center console. I absolutely hate the poor excuse for a center console I have in my car. I also really like the location of the cup holders.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I hope there are enough ST's floating around where u live so u can test them out before u buy.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hurt the eyes a little after looking at the Recaro's. I'm sure a whole bunch of people who were looking at the base model are suddenly looking for the extra cash for the ST2. I think in Canada we basically just get force-fed the ST2 as a base model and pay a serious premium for that privilege. But after seeing those seats, I may not complain.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Those are awful! ST 2 at a minimum after seeing those.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm certainly not a fan of the looks of those ST1 seats, but I want the full leather Recaros anyway, which means ST3 for me, please.

On another note; anyone notice how short the shifter is in the pic of the seats? DO LIKE! :thumb:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm sure a whole bunch of people who were looking at the base model are suddenly looking for the extra cash for the ST2.
Count me as one that might have considered the ST1 before seeing the seats. Not bad, but not special. From 85% going for the ST2 to 100% now. I just don't need all the lighting extras and nav in the ST3.

·
4,009 Posts
LOL Ron, I don't want the Nav but am a lighting geek...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I'm still thinking ST1 even with these blah seats.

ST2's seats are so much better, but I still hear about numerous issues with MFT that comes bundled with them. As great as the MFT feature set is, even with the new software release last month the issues people are having (freezes, buttons not responding, screens not updating) just don't seem to be going away. If I have to wonder if a feature is going to work in my car today or not, I don't want it.

·
4,009 Posts
I'm still thinking ST1 even with these blah seats.

ST2's seats are so much better, but I still hear about numerous issues with MFT that comes bundled with them. As great as the MFT feature set is, even with the new software release last month the issues people are having (freezes, buttons not responding, screens not updating) just don't seem to be going away. If I have to wonder if a feature is going to work in my car today or not, I don't want it.
None of that is true. SOME people may have problems but MFT works very well now. I have it in a Focus and an Explorer and it works well 99 percent of the time.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
None of that is true. SOME people may have problems but MFT works very well now. I have it in a Focus and an Explorer and it works well 99 percent of the time.
I hope so, either way I'm just really on the fence about this one. Maybe I need a few more nights to sleep on it.;)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Has anyone seen (or have) a picture of the partial leather seats they will have in the white ST2 option? I'm wondering if the colored portions will be white to match the exterior or if they will be some other color (and if so, what color?)

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here you go. From the Ford ST Facebook page.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Agree with above comments. Was hoping I could get away with ST1 package :S ; but clearly I will be dropping the extra $2400 to get the Recaro's that come with the ST2 package! Base seats are just that - base!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yea, and those are really base! After thinking about it a while, I decided to go with ST2 package. As much as I am leery about MFT that comes with it, having good seats is very important to me after having to use less than comfortable seats in my current car. It was one of the main reasons I started looking at the ST.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts