8 Posts
Here's what my dad (jimlam56) just ordered for his ST:

Parking Light 168NA WLED-AHP13-T
Front Turn Signal 7440 7440-A18-T
Rear Turn Signal 3757A 3157-A45-T
Tail Light 3157 3157-R45-T
Stop Light 3157 3157-R45-T
Reverse Light 921 WLED-CWHP18-TAC

Above are the factory bulb numbers followed by superbrightleds.com item numbers.

They should arrive next weekend and I'll post here how it goes ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
We also replaced all six interior bulbs with item # WLED-CWHP15-TAC from superbrightleds.com. It made a HUGE difference in interior visibility! The white light is much nicer than the yellow as well.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
What I'd like to know is there a LED replacement for the fogs that would provide more light.

·
Registered
107 Posts
We also replaced all six interior bulbs with item # WLED-CWHP15-TAC from superbrightleds.com. It made a HUGE difference in interior visibility! The white light is much nicer than the yellow as well.
What interior lights did you replace exactly? As far as I can tell that part number certainly won't fit the dome lights...

I was looking at these: Super Bright LED Fog Light Bulbs such as 9005 9006 H3 H11 880, etc but have no idea if it would be brighter than the stock bulbs...
Those certainly will not be brighter than stock. Stock fog lamps put out approximately 1500 lumens while leds you linked will most likely only put out 100-200 lumens. True LED replacements for fog lights or headlamps are $$$. If you want to improve stock output I would recommend a HID retrofit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What interior lights did you replace exactly? As far as I can tell that part number certainly won't fit the dome lights...
The two dome lights, two foot-well lights, and two rear cargo area lights. They worked perfectly to replace the original 168-type bulbs that were in all six of those locations. It's much brighter and whiter! Here's the link to them: http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-led-bulb-15-smd-led-wedge-base-tower/910/

Those certainly will not be brighter than stock. Stock fog lamps put out approximately 1500 lumens while leds you linked will most likely only put out 100-200 lumens. True LED replacements for fog lights or headlamps are $$$. If you want to improve stock output I would recommend a HID retrofit.
These are stated to output 1200 lumens: High Power LED Headlights Upgrade | Replace H4 H7 H11 9006 Halogen Should be at least similar to the brightness of the stock halogens.

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
The two dome lights, two foot-well lights, and two rear cargo area lights. They worked perfectly to replace the original 168-type bulbs that were in all six of those locations. It's much brighter and whiter! Here's the link to them: 194 LED Bulb - 15 SMD LED Wedge Base Tower | Miniature Wedge Base LEDs | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

These are stated to output 1200 lumens: High Power LED Headlights Upgrade | Replace H4 H7 H11 9006 Halogen Should be at least similar to the brightness of the stock halogens.
Now those fog lights would be awesome! I just may get a pair. And thanks for the link. :D

What model ST did you do this on? And I'm curious about how those fit in the dome lights. They seem like they would be too long?

·
Registered
534 Posts
The two dome lights, two foot-well lights, and two rear cargo area lights. They worked perfectly to replace the original 168-type bulbs that were in all six of those locations. It's much brighter and whiter! Here's the link to them: 194 LED Bulb - 15 SMD LED Wedge Base Tower | Miniature Wedge Base LEDs | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

How did you get the dome lights open?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just pull out the entire plastic assembly. It's just held in with a clip.

Also, I just checked mine out and if you have a moonroof, you have LED dome lights, meaning no replacing them with these bulbs. This was stated in another thread but I wanted to confirm for myself. I'll post pictures later today.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Actually there's a slot at the rear of the dome light assembly. I inserted a small flat head screwdriver into it to depress the metal clip inside. Then pull down, back first. Be careful as it looks like it'd be fairly easy to tear the headliner around the dome light.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Just pull out the entire plastic assembly. It's just held in with a clip.

Also, I just checked mine out and if you have a moonroof, you have LED dome lights, meaning no replacing them with these bulbs. This was stated in another thread but I wanted to confirm for myself. I'll post pictures later today.
No moonroof ST3. I'll look at it tonight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The LED's arrived from superbrightleds.com! Yesterday I started replacing them all. For the turn signals, it looks like load resistors will be required - the LED's stay illuminated and flash erratically - even when the car is off! Also the "bulb out" message appears on the cluster screen when the car is started. I put the old incandescents back in until the load resistors arrive.

I put in the reverse lights and it makes a HUGE difference in visibility! The LED's provide much whiter and brighter light for backing up.

Lastly, I replaced the front and rear parking lights. Again, much improvement - the light looks sharper and it's cool to see an LED inside the lens even when the lights are off. But unfortunately these stay lit - albeit very dimly - when the car is off, so they too will require load resistors. I noticed they do turn off after about ten minutes, though. I'm guessing it's residual voltage taking longer to drain since LED's take up much less current?

·
Registered
336 Posts
The LED's arrived from superbrightleds.com! Yesterday I started replacing them all. For the turn signals, it looks like load resistors will be required - the LED's stay illuminated and flash erratically - even when the car is off! Also the "bulb out" message appears on the cluster screen when the car is started. I put the old incandescents back in until the load resistors arrive.

I put in the reverse lights and it makes a HUGE difference in visibility! The LED's provide much whiter and brighter light for backing up.

Lastly, I replaced the front and rear parking lights. Again, much improvement - the light looks sharper and it's cool to see an LED inside the lens even when the lights are off. But unfortunately these stay lit - albeit very dimly - when the car is off, so they too will require load resistors. I noticed they do turn off after about ten minutes, though. I'm guessing it's residual voltage taking longer to drain since LED's take up much less current?
Glad to hear. Once you get the resistor post some pics.

·
Registered
332 Posts
If you are talking about the tiny corner lights, I got mine from V-LEDs and they're CANBUS proof and don't need resistors.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
107 Posts
How exactly do you remove the trunk lights? I can pop them open slightly but I'm worried ill break them if I pry anymore.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts