Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
How exactly do you remove the trunk lights? I can pop them open slightly but I'm worried ill break them if I pry anymore.
I felt the same way just pry near the corner of the long ends it will pop out.
Has anyone added a reflective shield behind the bulbs to direct more light into the trunk instead of behind the panel?

·
Registered
8 Posts
How exactly do you remove the trunk lights? I can pop them open slightly but I'm worried ill break them if I pry anymore.
They're actually similar to the dome lights: facing the front of the car is a little slot on the clear lens. You can stick a small slotted screwdriver in there, depress the metal tab inside, and then the whole lens should pop right out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Psx24w and H16 are interchangeable. Side tabs may need to be cut for fitment.

I got a set of AGT psx24w LEDs and they don't fit. Even with cutting of the tabs.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'd like to replace my back up lights and the cornering lights with LED's. Can we replace the turn signal and brake lamps with LED's or do we get fast blink and ABS faults (some cars get an ABS fault because they think the rear light is out, and of course fast blink is due to a drop in resistance).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Psx24w and H16 are interchangeable. Side tabs may need to be cut for fitment.

I got a set of AGT psx24w LEDs and they don't fit. Even with cutting of the tabs.
H16- run 35 to 55 watts
Psx24w- run 24 watts

The base of the bulbs fit but DO NOT USE HALOGEN H16s.

Higher wattage can lead to melting issues. Camaro, jeep, etc, have been melting fog light housings by using h16s to replace psx24w.

Now our bulbs are not on anywhere near as long as fogs but with an ST3 housing costing $1500 a pop I wouldn't run the risk.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The only psx24w(cornering lights) bulbs that aren't oem right now are LEDs. Like I mentioned above the ones I bought didn't fit. You can try a brand besides AGT and see if they will fit.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Does anyone know what the lumens are for all the stock bulbs? I'm going to black out my taillights and I want to make sure I'm buying led bulbs that are brighter than stock.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
336 Posts
Also what bulb type is used for the high mounted rear brake light?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
You can't replace the high mount its all one piece I believe its also LED.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great info in here, thanks guys, although it is a TON of info in one thread.

My simple request- if you figure out something that works let us know! After reading 6 pages I'm still lost on where to start lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Great info in here, thanks guys, although it is a TON of info in one thread.

My simple request- if you figure out something that works let us know! After reading 6 pages I'm still lost on where to start lol
I second this motion.. I have an ST3 and all I know is my fogs are H11 and the interior lamps are 194's... I'd like to to cornering lamps and reverse lamps..

also, do you need to remove the tail lamps or head lamps to swap bulbs?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I upgraded my reverse lights if you wanted to check out my thread... Muddy's Upgraded Lighting Thread

As for swapping bulbs, you will need to remove both headlights and tail lights to swap out anything. It's super easy, two screws per headlight and two plastic nuts per tail light.
you're the man! Thanks..

also, off topic.. how do you rename the links? (Muddy's Upgraded Lighting Thread)

41 - 60 of 65 Posts