Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all long time lurker never posted before! So I have a 2017 ST just the basic package. I want to install a system for my car but wanted to ask if the stock radio has the hookups for subs or if i need to replace the radio
( which is obviously a big pain in the ..)
I havent been able to find this info on my year or model! Thanks for any help guys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
You need to use a line out converter off the rear speakers wires, did it on my 14 Focus ST, idk if the stock deck has a sub out, pretty sure it doesn’t
Works fine for me had it installed 5 years Np and used it on my 17 GT I have now

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's the wiring diagram for the 2013 ST. I couldn't find one specific for a 2017 ST so I would assume this is all still the same, but proceed with caution all the same.

At the time that I did this in my 2014 ST I picked up an Alpine Subwoofer amplifier that had the capability to accept speaker level inputs -- which are the subw 1+, subw 1- and subw 2+, subw 2- (connections 1, 2, 9, & 10 on the left in the diagram below).

In the 2014 ST that wiring harness is located under the rear deck to the left of the spare tire connected to the small Sony amplifier.

Hope this helps you get started.

Best,
- Mike

Sony Wiring Diagram.png

·
Registered
2 Posts
Always good to have a diagram but it does depend on if you have a ST1,2 or 3 because the base ST doesn’t have the Sony deck just the Ford 4” sync screen which would have a different diagram since it doesn’t use a Sony system, for me TBH I just got the line out converter because I didn’t look up the diagram and it was easier for me and what I know
If indeed there is a sub out on the deck the the ST1 that would be better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts