Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...I have a 2016 Focus ST3. The car is magnificent, and I've only done 3 things to this car: 1- green air filter, 2- Mountune low restriction intake, and 3 - Rallyarmor mud flaps. (COBB cat back exhaust is next)

Here's the question - the engine is making a sound that can best be described as a "cricket" style chirp. It's coming from the passenger's side. Doesn't matter if the engine is hot or cold, A/C on or off. I think it's either a belt, misaligned pulleys or a pulley bearing. This sound comes and goes. It's not constant. I took it to the dealer where the Tech told me he removed the belts and still heard the noise. A fellow ST guy on youtube said Ford replaced the idler pulley but the noise is still there.

Have you guys experienced this? If so, is there a positive fix? This noise does not affect anything and the car runs GREAT, but I really don't want to "learn to live with it". Thanks...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Loose heat shield maybe? Either way don't live with it - take it back to the dealer(or to another dealer for a second opinion/fix) if the noise is still there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts