Ford Focus ST Forum banner

What color is your missing car?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
My Silver had a build date of 8/2 and didn't show up till yesterday. The dealer told me (who knows if this is true) that Ford had randomly selected the car and did some extra quality control testing on it and that it was delayed a little extra because of it. It sounded like a decent story. Lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
My Silver had a build date of 8/2 and didn't show up till yesterday. The dealer told me (who knows if this is true) that Ford had randomly selected the car and did some extra quality control testing on it and that it was delayed a little extra because of it. It sounded like a decent story. Lol
Coming from a dealer I think he was pissing in your ear and telling you it was raining. IMO.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Congrats on getting your car. Based on your build date and the time it took to get to you, I'll be probably looking at around this time in November if I get the first week of October build week. The dealers around Charlotte got them late last week or this week.

Enjoy, the silver with the tint looks good.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Trying to figure this out. Let's see what colors are affected.

Also, if you've been told your car is in transit and it's late, post here so we can keep track.
You know my story. Ingot Silver. August 28th build date. Should have been here this week. Lost in transit. I'm pissed.

On the go via Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats on getting your car. Based on your build date and the time it took to get to you, I'll be probably looking at around this time in November if I get the first week of October build week. The dealers around Charlotte got them late last week or this week.

Enjoy, the silver with the tint looks good.
Thanks for the comment on the tint. I wouldn't use my car as an accurate tracking tool. There were 3 other Ford dealers in ATL that got their Focuses before mine that had build dates as late as 8/15. I checked out a car just like mine but different color that was built 8/3 that's been sitting on a lot for about a week or so. Mine with a 8/2 build date showed up 9/12. Go figure

·
4,009 Posts
Think they F up our batch in some way?

On the go via Tapatalk

·
4,009 Posts
I have been wondering about that as a possibility too.

On the go via Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well clearly it's not anything to do with the color. Something must be up with cars built the last week of August / first week of Sep. My dealer has even had a stock ST both built and delivered AFTER mine was built, yet mine has yet to be released from the factory. That could mean that the hose issue was discovered the same time as our cars were built Nd the fix was implemented immediately after so newer cars are being released while ours are being held.

·
4,009 Posts
Well clearly it's not anything to do with the color. Something must be up with cars built the last week of August / first week of Sep. My dealer has even had a stock ST both built and delivered AFTER mine was built, yet mine has yet to be released from the factory. That could mean that the hose issue was discovered the same time as our cars were built Nd the fix was implemented immediately after so newer cars are being released while ours are being held.
Deductive reasoning being what it is, it's as good as a guess as any.

·
4,009 Posts
Two or three or was it two and twice on one. I've lost count.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine was supposed built on 09/04 (ordered 06/03) and Natasha says the newest eta is 09/28. I'm in Oregon, but my buddy in Orange County sent me pics last weekend of a TS ST2 dealer stock from Theodore Robbins Ford in Costa Mesa. Makes me crazy that we pre-order and they fill the dealers orders first, or build and deliver pre orders that were placed weeks later than mine or others still unfulfilled.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My ST2 PB with moonroof and navigation was built 9/8, sent to ramp 9/11, on the csx train 9/12, unloaded off of the train in philly today 9/14, now I just need it to get on a truck and make it the last 45 minutes.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.