Ford Focus ST Forum banner

What color is your missing car?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
That's more precise Fed X type tracking than I've seen on a Ford shipment. How did you get such detailed info?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
My ST2 PB was built 9/5. No movement or change since, Natasha told me yesterday the car hadn't shipped, but the ETA at the dealer sees in the system is still 9/17?

Not sure if it should...but it makes me worried. Seems like there is a 2 week span from Late Aug/Early Sep of people reporting inconsistent shipping status/no shipping status at all. Even so, if there is an issue, I'd much rather have it fixed at the factory than by a dealer working on their first ST.

Edit: Mine is not yet late though, and even if it is, it gives me more time to gather a larger down payment so I guess it's not all bad.;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
That's more precise Fed X type tracking than I've seen on a Ford shipment. How did you get such detailed info?
I actually have a much more detailed sheet than that, I had the dealer print me his vehicle visibility tracking info. Once it actually shipped there were about 3 updates a day.

·
4,009 Posts
Well that sucks for me and a few others since we can't get out of the transport status.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I actually have a much more detailed sheet than that, I had the dealer print me his vehicle visibility tracking info. Once it actually shipped there were about 3 updates a day.
Good idea, I will try to remember to ask my dealer for this once I hear it arrives, would be interesting to see where the car goes on its cross-country journey.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm wondering if those ones that haven't left are ones that they were able to stop that need items retorqued, eg radiator and intercooler hoses. The ones made after that point they were able to retorque in the factory before assembly into the chassis. It probably takes a lot longer to retorque after assembly.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My ST2 PB was built 9/5. No movement or change since, Natasha told me yesterday the car hadn't shipped, but the ETA at the dealer sees in the system is still 9/17?
Mine was built on 9/5 as well. It was at my dealer on 9/10. So, weird...
I wonder if us Michigan folk who live within driving distance of the plant are throwing off everyone else's expectations for shipping times. :)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Mine was built on 9/5 as well. It was at my dealer on 9/10. So, weird...
True, many of us could all be looking too much into this. Logistics and shipping are not always perfect, and there will be delays. Sometimes things are just late...but Nex Deus being so close to the plant and not shipping out might mean something came up outside of a simple shipping delay.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Mine was built on 8/28. Supposedly shipped 8/30. Was "in transit" with an ETA of 9/10. As of today have no car, no ETA, and my dealer, as well as Natasha have no answers. As Shomare and many others have stated, I'm pissed. My biggest grief is not the cars delay, but the fact we have not heard anything from Ford. I think if it was as simple as a shipping error, we would have known something by today. I'm seriously considering buying one off a lot somewhere else if mine is not here by next week :S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S

·
4,009 Posts
I'll guess 9/27 as that is the day that is now popping up.

On the go via Tapatalk

·
Registered
332 Posts
Well clearly it's not anything to do with the color. Something must be up with cars built the last week of August / first week of Sep. My dealer has even had a stock ST both built and delivered AFTER mine was built, yet mine has yet to be released from the factory. That could mean that the hose issue was discovered the same time as our cars were built Nd the fix was implemented immediately after so newer cars are being released while ours are being held.
Wait, aren't you our "guy on the inside" (noting order tracking updates for a small bit after Interceptor disappeared). Don't you have a bat phone or something to Ford? :p

·
4,009 Posts
want to point us to it so we can do all our own tracking?

·
4,009 Posts
I have a resume on file with Ford.

Reactions: Nex Deus
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.