Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got some questions with my focus
Recently developed a severe loss of power and studdering, tried replacing plugs no good there, coils all checked out no shorts
I think it might be throttle related lmk what you think
The car makes ticking sounds when under load, it studders and jolts consistently unless i use very light or full throttle I have an intermittent p0420 code shows up for a day or 2 then goes away and comes back within the week
Car won't accelerate past 65mph or so if I go 70 it really throws a fit and jerks like mad, when its cold it is less severe and when ive been driving for a bit the issue starts to become more pronounced, had power loss for about 2 weeks then a few days ago after I accelerated onto the interstate the jerking started
Any information is good thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I got some questions with my focus
Recently developed a severe loss of power and studdering, tried replacing plugs no good there, coils all checked out no shorts
I think it might be throttle related lmk what you think
The car makes ticking sounds when under load, it studders and jolts consistently unless i use very light or full throttle I have an intermittent p0420 code shows up for a day or 2 then goes away and comes back within the week
Car won't accelerate past 65mph or so if I go 70 it really throws a fit and jerks like mad, when its cold it is less severe and when ive been driving for a bit the issue starts to become more pronounced, had power loss for about 2 weeks then a few days ago after I accelerated onto the interstate the jerking started
Any information is good thanks
Had this exact issue and drove me crazy for months. It turns out the spark plug gaps had opened up. Re-gapped and voila! No more stuttering. Very embarrassing when a Honda SI out accelerates you on a freeway on-ramp. I see you tried changing plugs. Check the gaps? Hope you find it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts