Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Here are some suggestions. Thanks for reading and thinking on these.

Ford ST Chat -- this is at the top of the main Forum page and must load every time you visit the page, even if you visit a specific forum and then go back to the main Forum page to use the main page as a portal to jump to another area of interest. What about just linking it to a separate page so that the main page loads faster? I've noticed delays on two different machines, one running XP and the other running Win7. On a side note I was confused about the ST chat anyway as it shows posts with date stamps in an international date format (dd/mm/yyyy). For awhile I thought it was just showing an example of some past posts in July and August (7/11/2012 and then 8/11/2012). This is a US car and the majority of the users are in the US right? Maybe use the mm/dd/yyyy format :!:

Since I started opening individual forums in new windows, I found that the main page and even the new secondary pages would log me out. Maybe it is worth lengthening the amount of time before being auto-logged out? Or have the site recognize users and not log them out at all? I am likely not the only one who may load the page but then keep it in the background for awhile when working etc. Then again, you may log people out for a reason such as stats or other.

Thanks again for reading. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For some reason and can never get that chat to work right at work. I think my work blocks it.
I agree that work is probably affecting it. I found the chat screen to bog down the page loading so I am still in the habit of opening new tabs for each section I want to look at and leave the main forum going on a separate tab. I just learned that you can change the forum skin to STs of different colors--nice!

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Thanks for the feed back.

I'll look into it one of these days.

Chad

·
Registered
261 Posts
Honestly, once I checked the remember me box, I've had no issues. If you clean your cache manually or through a computer program that tunes your machine, though, you'll have to log back in.
Wish I could say the same. Checking that box increased the amount of time before I'm booted out but it still throws me out in less than an hour. Useless and annoying problem. Fix it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.