Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at a Focus SE hatchback for the first time today to get a feel of how room the inside felt like. I made sure to fold the rear seats down to see what the max room I'd have and I felt a bit cramped (6'2" 215lbs) in both the footwell width as well as length. Anybody else concerned or have issues?

One thing I did thing of was that these were the cheap cloth seats. I am planning on ordering an ST3 and feel that with the 8way adjustable Recaros I'll be able to find a much happier medium. Which brings me to my next point. Will the rear seats in the ST3 still fold down flat (bottom part up against the front seat, vertical folded down to match level of floor)???? This is a big concern for me since I mostly want a hatch to haul my dogs & luggage with me on trips.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I can't answer your last questions because I'm not too sure about them, however the 2012 Focus does have fold-flat seats so they probably do. Anyways, I'm 6'7" and I fit just fine into the Focus. It was a little snug around the knees, but I didn't find it too bad. Then again, I drive a Fiesta so maybe I'm used to being packed like a sardine? lol. I think of it as driving in a nice fitting glove.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn if you fit in a Fiesta you won't have a problem in the Focus :LOL:

I'm thinking I should be ok too. I think the 8way Recaro's will be able to put me in a more comfortable position. The two German Shepherds + luggage in the rear on the otherhand....:!:

·
Registered
495 Posts
they fold flat if you take the headrests off. You lose about an inch in the driver compartment by doing it. I'm 6'4" with very long legs and it's a tight fit, but I make it work.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I am 6'2 180lbs.... I own a 2011 Fiesta. No Problems.

:)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Sat in one at the LA auto show. I kind of befriended some other dudes checking it out. We were all 6'+ (I'm just 6'). I could sit in the front seat fairly comfortably while the even taller dude sat in the back seat, also fairly comfortably. The one we sat in had a kind of indentation in the back for the knees, and once you were sitting it was comfortable, but a little tricky initially getting into that back seat.

I'm a tilt the seat up kinda person, and with the seat tilted up and all the way back, I could barely reach the pedals. But I highly recommend waiting until the car is out if you're tall, or until you can sit in the ST at a show of some sort. It's definitely a different seating position from the stock Focus.

·
Registered
534 Posts
6'4" 190. I'm assuming I will fit since I've been driving a SN95 Mustang for 13 or so years.

·
Registered
617 Posts
As far as the folding flat is concerned, it depends. Regular focus' (without handling package) get a space saver spare, and when the rear seats are folded, its perfectly flat. If you have the handling package (with 18's) then it comes with a full size (16 in) spare. This raises the rear load floor about 2 inches, so when you fold seats, there is about a 2 inch drop off from the back load floor to the back of the folded seats. Im assuming since the ST has a full size spare, it will be the same. So while they do fold flat, it will not be a level load floor.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As long as the seats fold completely flat I won't mind the slight level offset. I just don't want the ST to have non flat folding seats to where when you lay them down they are at a 30° incline.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The two German Shepherds + luggage in the rear on the otherhand....:!:
Two German Shepherds and luggage? That's going to be a lot of cargo!

I have only one German Shepherd and figure he'll only be in the car for very short day trips, if at all. Generally, if he comes along, I take the truck anyway. Much nicer to be able to throw him in the back under the canopy when he's soaking wet and muddy or full of sand than letting him in the car to watch the muddy hair bomb disaster ensue. :D

A hose and some soap is all I need to wash out the truck after he goes for a ride. I don't think that solution would work in the ST...

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm just glad the bench is a true 60/40 split, not just the seat backs, like my 07.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Two German Shepherds and luggage? That's going to be a lot of cargo!

I have only one German Shepherd and figure he'll only be in the car for very short day trips, if at all. Generally, if he comes along, I take the truck anyway. Much nicer to be able to throw him in the back under the canopy when he's soaking wet and muddy or full of sand than letting him in the car to watch the muddy hair bomb disaster ensue. :D

A hose and some soap is all I need to wash out the truck after he goes for a ride. I don't think that solution would work in the ST...
Well I've only got one for now, but I'm thinking he needs a sister. He fits fine in my Altima coupe right now with me and the gf and all our luggage. I figure the extra 16cuft that the ST will have will be fine with another dog :D

Hell, my inspiration for getting a hatch was about 5 months ago, when we stuffed 3 people, 4 suitcases, $350 worth of liquor and beer, and a keg inside my friends 05 Civic Si and drove from Denver to Breckenridge :LOL:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yesterday I watched Top Gear's video of Clarkson testing the Focus ST and he didn't have any issues fitting into it. He's about 6'3 over 200lbs. I'm not worried too much about fitting into the ST. I'm 6' and 215lbs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts