Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...new 2013 owner and new to forum. Looking for an invisible bra installer in the northern Chicago suburbs. From research, sounds like 3M the brand to use.

Also, before I have that installed, I need to touch up two non-matching spots on hood. Have read the Tangerine Scream kit comes in two pieces and dealers don't know what correct two part kit number is. Anyone have that? Easily enough applied OR make sense to have a paint pro with steady hand do it....on hood?

Thanks!

Grant

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Hi.
I do not know what touch-up kit to get for the Tangerine Scream. I believe it is a 2 part touch-up plus a clear coat also, so it's a 3 part.
If it's a paint defect, that should be covered under new car warranty.
I looked into a clear-bra but was quoted ridiculous prices. On the Chicago ST Facebook page a couple guys work detailing shops, and could get you a Quote. If you are not on Facebook, I can ask for you.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Mike. Yeah...on Facebook so I'll check out that Chicago ST FB page. Car's a 2013 and just has a little nick here and there so wanted to fix those before putting the bra on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On second thought...I looked around but couldn't find a specific Facebook page for ST owners/customizers, etc. So, if you have a URL or can ask for me, that would be great, Mike!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got several quotes for local places...wondering if anyone has any experience with them directly or from close recommendation of other person?

Clear Guard for Cars
Body-Skins, Inc.
Umbra Window Tinting (Schaumburg)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update...had Andy at Clear Guard do the front end and mirrors. Andy is an older guy and very meticulous. Dropped my car off in AM and he came to my work and picked me up in the late afternoon. No hassles, clean install, highly recommended!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts