Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Which Tangerine Scream do you prefer?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure about you, but I'm pretty ticked that they changed Tangerine Scream from the awesome concept color to a dull average yellow... Tri-coat or not, it looks pretty typical. The concept color was original and really stood out. Yeah, it probably came down to a pricing thing, but I think many people would pay a good premium for a color that unique. So, which do you favor, old or new?

Old:

New:

·
Registered
18 Posts
The original color was amazing. I really do not like the yellow "tangerine scream" that is the new color. It doesn't look like it has much orange in it at all. Just a standard yellow color. I also agree, if it was just because of a cost issue, I think most people would have opted to pay a little more to get that original color.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Old color was a cool orange color but the new one is basically an ugly yellow...seriously are there people out there that actually want to buy a yellow car?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Can you send the poll results to ford and have them make a change? Or at least consider that color again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tangerine Scream is the last choice on my personal colour chart, though I prefer the new colour to the old version which reminds me of Holden's Tiger Mica - just brings back bad memories of some tool in an Tiger Mica coloured Commodore VT SS trying to race me in my Falcon EF XR6, cutting me off etc. I think I saw the same car wrapped around a light pole a couple of weeks later.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just noticed that the ordering guide shows the Tan. Scream as an optional, non-standard color. I doubt that I would pay extra for it.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
The old color was too close to gold, the new one is too yellow. I think they dropped the ball with it. The new color is a nice color, it looks good, but I don't think I'll end up choosing it. They could have made it a much more unique color. Although it's probably still my 2nd choice. But the old RS green would have been my choice if it were an option.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I might consider it if it was possible to see it in person and if it was included as a standard color option, but not a chance as a optional extra. That price premium will probably make any t. scream STs out there rather rare.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I can't justify telling everyone I paid a premium to drive a magic school bus. Lets just go matte black as standard and call it a day. :S

·
Registered
36 Posts
its really so confusing when they call it Tan. Scream and its looks more to school bus yellow :confused: at least they should make it more to orange to call it Tan. Scream, anyway we can not judge about the colors especially the TG till we see it in person.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've seen the Tangerine Scream in person at the Detroit Auto Show... its pretty much school bus yellow with an eye dropper of orange mixed in for flavor. Looks almost identical to the Yellow Blaze on the normal Focus. Special color for the ST my....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tangerine Scream is the last choice on my personal colour chart, though I prefer the new colour to the old version which reminds me of Holden's Tiger Mica - just brings back bad memories of some tool in an Tiger Mica coloured Commodore VT SS trying to race me in my Falcon EF XR6, cutting me off etc. I think I saw the same car wrapped around a light pole a couple of weeks later.
Great to to see another Aussie on this forum. Wish we had more information here in OZ but I'm getting use to being left in the dark when it comes to new products and their potential release here. I have been pretty much stuck on either Performance Blue or Race Red until I saw the recent photos from the NYIAS on this site now I am thinking of going with Tangerine Scream. Lucky we don't have yellow school buses here to compare them to. I have been known to buy loud car colours, previously owned a Falcon BF XR6T in Toxic.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I feel like the original was more deserving of the name "tangerine scream". It was far more attention grabbing. It's hard to imagine that the yellow orange in the newer pic will be a special color at all.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm totally disappointed about this as well. I would have TOTALLY bought that orange and the grey wheels too. Stupid ford. SUCH a nice car. Such dumb little decisions at the time of production.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts