Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going with the ST2. I don't want full leather and don't want to pay that much extra for the other options- the Recaros are a must though! The only thing left to decide is the color options. The first color I saw the ST in was Tangerine Scream. I really like it. I almost think its like red for a Ferrari. There is no other option, period. The white and silver are very nice. If it was not a pain to wax and clean I would be tempted to go for the black, but many of the colors seem to standard. This ain't grandma's focus and other then TS and red, the colors don't seem to convey that.

On the other hand, I am a 25 yo male and that already makes me a target for the law enforcement. Maybe TS is to aggressive a color for me. Maybe I don't need to show off the fact that my car ain't grandmas focus. Thoughts?

As for interior, at first I liked the yellow highlights on the seats, but the more I think about it, it seems a little tacky and simply too much. So I will probably go black on black. I wish they had grey or off white, I think black will tend to get too hot in the sun.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
589 Posts
i see tons of yellow cars , plus yellow is a lamborgini colour :) i'm choosing TS , i'm not afraid of cops since i never go over speed limit

·
Registered
778 Posts
I love the TS and if I wasn't afraid of attracting the wrong attention, I would get it over any other color.

The smoke storm inserts are actually a light grey (the configurator on fords site make them look black). So you will get your grey!

Edit: The infamous dandruff smoke storm picture: (Picture by DarkBuddah)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the TS and if I wasn't afraid of attracting the wrong attention, I would get it over any other color.

The smoke storm inserts are actually a light grey (the configurator on fords site make them look black). So you will get your grey!

Edit: The infamous dandruff smoke storm picture: (Picture by DarkBuddah)

That will work out well, I like that. Wish they had all off white or grey, (not just inserts).

Still feeling Tangerine Scream. I had a lighter metallic maroon BMW in high school and it didn't seem to attract too much attention so maybe TS will be just fine.

·
Registered
908 Posts
That will work out well, I like that. Wish they had all off white or grey, (not just inserts).

Still feeling Tangerine Scream. I had a lighter metallic maroon BMW in high school and it didn't seem to attract too much attention so maybe TS will be just fine.
I'm getting Performance Blue. It would save you $500 and still look totally awesome.
634756640356816484_st_01.jpg

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm going with race red. I don't care to much about attention from cops, I drive pretty conservative. I've gone with drab colors for just about every car I've ever owned, I'm excited about a little spice this time around.

The tangerine is really sexy, but I don't want to pay extra for it. The blue is nice but everyone seems to be going with that. lol. I'm in love with the red.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am having trouble deciding on the inserts myself. I plan on having this car for quite awhile so while I may enjoy the inserts right now is 29 year old me going to be happy driving that car to work or picking up a girl with those seats? Tough call to make.

I think I have completely settled on black because it is mean looking color but doesn't scream "THIS CAR GOES REALLY FAST" to those in law enforcement. Not that I am a very aggressive driver on a regular daily drive but I like to avoid interactions with police as much as possible so if getting black has a chance at making me less of a target when I am going 5-10 MPH over the posted speed limit I'll go that route.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I got the ST2 package as well, and I went with oxford white and smoke storm inserts. Performance blue looks great, but I've had a blue car for the last 5 years and would like something a bit different. I think this car looks outstanding in white, and I love the way it contrasts with that aggressive front grille. It's also a classy color that I can live with every day. Red and TS really stand out, but they are a little too much for me; silver reminds me too much of fleet/rental cars; and while black looks incredible, it will drive me crazy trying to keep it clean. But to each his own! I'm sure you'll make a great decision; heck, this car looks awesome in just about every color available.

·
Registered
685 Posts
From some angles, the car actually looks evil in black. Generally it's a hard color to keep your eye focused on from a distance, especially if it's dirty (or matte). Blue can look good when you're close up (it does have a nice shade of blue), yet anonymous at a distance. Silver looks good close up and is also somewhat stealth at a distance.

I liked the old TS better than the production version. The old one had more red in it and was a notch or two less luminous. I guess Ford thought it blended in too well, or another manufacturer decided to make it their car's signature color. OTOH, with the new one, you can put a lighted "Taxi" sign on top and pick up some extra money :) (I keed)

Speaking of Lambos, I saw what I think was a carbon semi-matte Aventador today while driving around WLA today. Man that car sounded great when he took off from the light. My Lambo-fu isn't that great, so might have been Gallardo.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wish the gray inserts weren't so light. I can see them looking dirty in no time.
I think they'll hold up fine. They're placed away from your biggest contact points with the seat (your butt and your back), so unless you spill some coffee on them then you shouldn't encounter any problems. And who has time to drink coffee in an ST when you're flying through the gears?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm really, really not a fan of Tangerine Scream. Having seen it in real life, I'm even less so. If it had been the more metallic gold color that early pictures suggested, I would at least like it (not enough to get it), but not having seen it myself.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm really, really not a fan of Tangerine Scream. Having seen it in real life, I'm even less so. If it had been the more metallic gold color that early pictures suggested, I would at least like it (not enough to get it), but not having seen it myself.
Yea, I saw it this weekend at the Performance event and I was disappointed how far away it had got from the original color in the pictures posted. Now I have to decided between blue and silver.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've been driving cars with loud exhausts, body kits, tint, gold wheels, stickers, etc for like 10 years and have never had an experience I would categorize as profiling. If you're minding your own business it should not be a problem. Just buy the car you want. Even one ticket a year is not enough to cancel out looking back towards the color you really wanted the other 364 days a year.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I agree. People should buy the color they like the most. Driving around like a lunatic will get you pulled over no matter what the color of your car is. I see so many senior citizens driving around in red corvettes. They don't get pulled over.

I've been driving cars with loud exhausts, body kits, tint, gold wheels, stickers, etc for like 10 years and have never had an experience I would categorize as profiling. If you're minding your own business it should not be a problem. Just buy the car you want. Even one ticket a year is not enough to cancel out looking back towards the color you really wanted the other 364 days a year.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts