Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The house may always win, but I feel like I sure made out like a bandit today.
I cancelled my pre order of the st2, bitched and moaned at the manager(actually I was very well composed) about how terrible my car salesman is and reordered the st3 for... Wait for it... And some more...

Keep waiting...

27300, with Ts paint, delivery, etc.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started out with the xplan, But after everything was aid and done, I'm scratching D plan pricing.

Ppl are lucky I don't work for the BBB, heads would roll.

I mean, all the issues I've had could have been simply remedied if someone sat down with me for 15 mins and talked to me, and did the shit they toldw they would do.

Do you know how much of a pita it was to get these guys to sign me up for the early order crap to get the camera?

Speaking of heads rolling... I'm gonna have to talk to someone about this crap burger...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Heh, damn. My sales rep has been awesome, I didn't even have to tell him about the camera promo or anything. Now I wish I had something to complain about :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly, I don't know if it was really worth it, having something to bitch about. I sPent every off day I had the last three weeks trying to figure out wtf was going on, and getting the run around.

Be glad you had a compete t salesperson.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I started out with the xplan, But after everything was aid and done, I'm scratching D plan pricing.

Ppl are lucky I don't work for the BBB, heads would roll.

I mean, all the issues I've had could have been simply remedied if someone sat down with me for 15 mins and talked to me, and did the shit they toldw they would do.

Do you know how much of a pita it was to get these guys to sign me up for the early order crap to get the camera?

Speaking of heads rolling... I'm gonna have to talk to someone about this crap burger...
Sounds like you and I had the same sales person... his head perpetually up his third point of contact. They clearly just don't get it when it comes to dealing with an enthusiast buyer. The regional Ford rep had to get involved in my stuff to get it straightened out.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It's crazy man. People like us are walking into the dealership ready and willing to give these twats our money. It's not like we're out on the lot trying to decide and having the salesman hustle, cry, beg, moan, plead trying to sell us.

Litereally, we go in, we say, "yo we want this car, asap. here take my money". Myself working in commissioned sales, it's the equivalent of, as my friend George Costanza puts it, "discovering plutonium by accident". (see for yourself here, lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6_pv_vRHKI ) For 20 minutes of their time, these guys made an ungodly amount of money. They should be throwing free shit at us: ford swag, burgers, stripper poles, etc. Know what i mean? Instead, i ended up with a dude with his head up his ass, and a massive headache.

·
Registered
283 Posts
It's crazy man. People like us are walking into the dealership ready and willing to give these twats our money. It's not like we're out on the lot trying to decide and having the salesman hustle, cry, beg, moan, plead trying to sell us.

Litereally, we go in, we say, "yo we want this car, asap. here take my money". Myself working in commissioned sales, it's the equivalent of, as my friend George Costanza puts it, "discovering plutonium by accident". (see for yourself here, lol seinfeld menage - YouTube ) For 20 minutes of their time, these guys made an ungodly amount of money. They should be throwing free shit at us: ford swag, burgers, stripper poles, etc. Know what i mean? Instead, i ended up with a dude with his head up his ass, and a massive headache.
That kills me too honestly. Granted I don't know the car business but a free sale is just that, free sale. The last car I bought where I walked the lot was when i bought my F150 in 08. Even then I knew I was ready to buy, because at that time gas prices where high and they wanted to move trucks off the lots.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I went through the same shit with the BRZ. People couldn't believe I walked out of the dealership when I offered to deposit money on a car at MSRP. I was in shock. I think I'm still a little F'd up over it.

Litereally, we go in, we say, "yo we want this car, asap. here take my money". Myself working in commissioned sales, it's the equivalent of, as my friend George Costanza puts it, "discovering plutonium by accident". (see for yourself here, lol seinfeld menage - YouTube ) For 20 minutes of their time, these guys made an ungodly amount of money. They should be throwing free shit at us: ford swag, burgers, stripper poles, etc. Know what i mean? Instead, i ended up with a dude with his head up his ass, and a massive headache.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I went through the same shit with the BRZ. People couldn't believe I walked out of the dealership when I offered to deposit money on a car at MSRP. I was in shock. I think I'm still a little F'd up over it.
What do you mean... The dealership wanted more than MSRP? Oddly I couldn't get a dealership to quote me on a BRZ limited.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's straight up ridiculous. The salesman inside me is crying out in agony. If you came to my store and said you wanted to open a two-line account with all the bells and whistles before i could even say "hello, welcome to..." i'd not let you leave the store until we were done. Hell, i might throw you a bone simply for making it so easy on me.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
That's straight up ridiculous. The salesman inside me is crying out in agony. If you came to my store and said you wanted to open a two-line account with all the bells and whistles before i could even say "hello, welcome to..." i'd not let you leave the store until we were done. Hell, i might throw you a bone simply for making it so easy on me.
Makes you wonder right? all the horror stories about dealerships.
My wife recently got a Honda Accord that had issues with the car within the first several weeks. Goudy Honda in Alhambrah was AWESOME! Did backflips to make it right. OUTSTANDING customer service. A lot of dealers should take a lesson from them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts