Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Because 1) I've had too much time on my hands waiting for my ST; 2) I'm OCD anyway; 3) I hate to miss anything... I put together a comprehensive delivery checklist for my ST3. I figured I'd share it, even though it's painfully obsessive. If it's useful to anyone, or you have suggestions please let me know. Yes, it's 10 pages. :yay:

View attachment 2013 Focus ST Checklist.pdf

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wow. Nice job.

Either under "Trunk" or for the item for door seals, you might want to note specifically to check the cubbies under the rear deck for moisture. There's been at least one case of leaking hatch seals that let water into the car which wasn't otherwise visible.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ldd - Added, and after I finally get my fracking ST3, I'll update it with more photos and stuff. Theoretically, my car is on a truck to the dealer right now, and so I should get delivery tomorrow, but after so many false starts, I'm ... well, I'm not a happy camper :)

I already let the dealer know about the intercooler issue, for example, and expect them to have checked it before I see the car. :)

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Because 1) I've had too much time on my hands waiting for my ST; 2) I'm OCD anyway; 3) I hate to miss anything... I put together a comprehensive delivery checklist for my ST3. I figured I'd share it, even though it's painfully obsessive. If it's useful to anyone, or you have suggestions please let me know. Yes, it's 10 pages. :yay:

View attachment 4548
Wow, Ford should hire you. Great work.

·
Registered
650 Posts

View attachment 4548

Great work!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to put together the check list. Just printed it and will take it along when I pick up the car this week. Especially helpful is the pic of the hood gap difference. I noticed the car I am getting has a pretty significant one that I would like fixed. I mentioned it to the dealer. He told me that since the other ST they had was similar it is supposed to be like that. Glad I have that pic to show him.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. While I don't actually "check every box" when I went through it, I did try and make sure I looked at everything. I think of it as a reminder of things that could be wrong. For example, my tail lights were tight but not quite rubbing. I'll be keeping an eye on them since the dealer insisted they weren't a problem. Fortunately, the white is one of the easier colors to touch up if needed, and it's certainly not a visible location.

As for hood gap? Mine was quite nice and tight, so it's definitely all over the place for people. They should be able to adjust it a little to reduce it. I've included a pic of mine just for reference. photo.JPG

Good luck, and enjoy! Since I was financing my ST (money's cheap right now), I did the inspection while they were prepping all the paperwork so that I wouldn't have to sit and have boring conversations with people. Also, remember you can negotiate pricing on extended warranty and service plans, I did and got them about 40% off what they retail for. They'll throw in a discount if you've had a Ford before (mine was in the 1990s).

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. While I don't actually "check every box" when I went through it, I did try and make sure I looked at everything. I think of it as a reminder of things that could be wrong. For example, my tail lights were tight but not quite rubbing. I'll be keeping an eye on them since the dealer insisted they weren't a problem. Fortunately, the white is one of the easier colors to touch up if needed, and it's certainly not a visible location.

As for hood gap? Mine was quite nice and tight, so it's definitely all over the place for people. They should be able to adjust it a little to reduce it. I've included a pic of mine just for reference. View attachment 5135

Good luck, and enjoy! Since I was financing my ST (money's cheap right now), I did the inspection while they were prepping all the paperwork so that I wouldn't have to sit and have boring conversations with people. Also, remember you can negotiate pricing on extended warranty and service plans, I did and got them about 40% off what they retail for. They'll throw in a discount if you've had a Ford before (mine was in the 1990s).
Thanks for the Checklist and for the info on the Discounts I was going to do that when I go pick up mine. When I got my wife's car we got them down on price since it was the last one they had and we also got a set of all weather mats. I'm in Sterling, VA and go to Cars and Coffee at The Old Brogue in Great Falls, VA if your ever in the mood to see some cars early on a Saturday morning. 6am to 9am.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The hood gap can be adjusted somewhat using the two little rubber bumpers under the hood. They are the size of silver dollars, maybe a little bigger. Mine weren't screwed in all the way. After I tightened them all the way the gap is smaller but it's still a little more than what I'd like.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it possible to just show the list instead of , or in addition to, the PDF?

I guess I'm the only one who does not like to click on links.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check the panel at the base of the windshield below the wipers. Mine was warped and not seated allowing water to enter the car somewhere. It seated but I had to do it under from the hood. It stayed seated but I have heard of some needed to be replaced.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for all the info, everyone! And especially for the checklist. I just ordered a black ST3, and am awaiting delivery in a month or two. Coming from multiple Japanese cars over the years (Subaru, Toyota, Mazda and Nissan), all of which had ZERO problems for many years, I was a bit leery of switching to a Ford (or a VW, Audi, or BMW for that matter). But the Focus ST is SUCH a great car! I have my fingers crossed that it's reliability will measure up to my former autos!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts