Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello future Silver ST owner!

Feeling like an outcast in a world of Red, White, Blue, and Orangy yellow?

Tired of people complaining that their seats accents won't match their exterior color?

Still have no idea of what a Silver ST looks like other than some iPhone Facebook pictures?

Have every one of those 6 pictures saved on your computer?

Ordered Silver for its understated good looks, low maintenance, and impeccable taste?!

Well if you answered YES to any of those, then this thread is for YOU!

The silver ST is so elusive, it hides behind dinosaurs:
524861_354049791297820_297964883_n.jpg

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This man is right!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
The way I look at it is this:
If you are hanging out with a sexy, sweet, kind, smart, athletic, beautiful, rich, girl ( or guy if that's what puts the tingle in yer dingle ) ..

would it really MATTER what color they were? These are awesome cars no matter the color.

Silver is a nice color though, it was me wife's first choice!

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Thank you for starting this thread. I too feel the lack of love for the silver ST! May we, the future Ingot Silver ST owners unite to right this wrong!

Reactions: Americarsftw

·
Registered
189 Posts
I went with the silver for a few reasons....Its easier to keep clean, doesn't show dirt or lite scratches, shows the body lines really well. I've had a few silver cars. And I also think silver goes great with the blacked out rims.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The way I look at it is this:
If you are hanging out with a sexy, sweet, kind, smart, athletic, beautiful, rich, girl ( or guy if that's what puts the tingle in yer dingle ) ..

would it really MATTER what color they were? These are awesome cars no matter the color.

Silver is a nice color though, it was me wife's first choice!
"tingle in yer dingle" hahah :LOL:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am strongly considering changing my TB order to IS. If it were just a little bit darker I'd have no hesitation whatsoever. Sterling Gray would be perfect. But the car looks really good in that dinosaur shot.

Update:

idoodit.jpg

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for starting this thread. I too feel the lack of love for the silver ST! May we, the future Ingot Silver ST owners unite to right this wrong!
Bill, we will most certainly correct this. I'm thinking a SilverFordSTnation.com forum for the 3 of us who like silver. Take that!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went with the silver for a few reasons....Its easier to keep clean, doesn't show dirt or lite scratches, shows the body lines really well. I've had a few silver cars. And I also think silver goes great with the blacked out rims.
I agree! I am considering the blacked out rims from Ford Racing

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
When I see silver I see WW II fighter planes and early jets, and I see fast.

Reactions: Rev.Hammer

·
Registered
534 Posts
I've had two silver cars and one grey one. I am very tempted to go silver on the ST, but am trying to force myself to break my trend and go with Performance Blue. Still thinking about the Silver however.. :(

·
Registered
283 Posts
Silver is attractive to me because it is a great "everyday use" color. Black, Blue will show the spots, dust rain and scratches easily. White will show road grime and is kind of dull, TS and Red are a bit loud IMO. Silver hides most of that and keeps a quiet profile.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have a sterling gray metallic 2012 focus atm, I would have re-upped w/ sterling gray again on the ST if it was offered. The IS is still a great color though, I love the way they look in direct sunlight.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Silver is attractive to me because it is a great "everyday use" color. Black, Blue will show the spots, dust rain and scratches easily. White will show road grime and is kind of dull, TS and Red are a bit loud IMO. Silver hides most of that and keeps a quiet profile.
Well said, sums up how I feel about silver. And the Red and Yellow (yes, yellow) are just too loud. I do love the blue, but having a blue car now, it's just always dirty looking. Silver for the win. I saw a blaze yellow focus coming towards me the other day, I swear I could see that car coming about 10 miles before it got to me. Other cars in front of it were invisible blurs. A TS ST is mass speeding tickets waiting to happen.
First thing I do when I get the ST is take a bunch of quality photos to back up my belief that Silver is not bland at all, and is in fact one of the sharpest colors around. I swear everyone I know is buying white cars right now which nixed that for me also. It's a real drag that a metallic charcoal grey is not available. The Sterling is nice, but looks almost brownish, so not for me.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts