Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I totally recommend the Performance Academy. It was a great time and I was wasted on free Rockstar Drinks.

Just a few impressions/observations I had.

I love the torque, handling, and growl of this car. The short-throw shifter is great! (Slightly longer throws than my 2011 Civic Si.) The clutch take-up point is excellent. It felt natural and smoothe letting my foot off. I think it was perfect.

I threw this car into the corners so freikin' hard and it kept asking for more. I drove up there solo and found a wingman. Well he found me. At first he was terrified at how fast I was ripping through the course with little to no braking at all. After the first couple turns he was ecstatic about the car holding up and making me a better driver than I really am. I can not capture his enthusiasm while I was driving. He got behind the wheel after a couple laps and it only took a sharp turn to change his driving from cautious to extremely confident. We got out and I met his wife who is with child. He told her how motion sick she would be and how dangerous it would be for the baby when I was behind the wheel :D

I'm 6'2" 245lbs and I fit fine in the Recaro seats. They were wonderful. I did not have my seat all the way back but there was no room for a human being with legs to sit behind me. (I could care less.)

I think I actually liked the ST2 seats better. The two-tone blue looks really nice. The ST2 seats did not seem cheap and "pep boys-ish" to me like I've read in some reviews.

So like I said I am a fairly tall guy. I had plenty of space above my head and came nowhere close to touching my head on the roof in the ST with moonroof.

I had my heart set on the ST3 because of all the goodies. I had so much fun driving the ST today! I decided the car wasn't for me though and I went into a dealership around 4:30pm today and put a deposit on a BRZ. They are bringing it in this week for me as a dealer swap.

If I decided I had to have the ST. I would have changed my mind on ST3 and got ST2. The atmosphere felt sportier to me in the ST2 due to two-tone partial leather seating.

It's a wonderful car. I'm so proud of American Car Manufacturers.

In the end I decided I wanted something different than FWD/AWD for a change. I've never owned a RWD car and my next car purchase is something I want to be completely new. My current car was the same. The first manual transmission I ever owned and driven.

If I had to buy a FWD car you bet it would be the ST!

I can't wait for you guys to get yours and post pics! :ST::ST::ST:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Talk about a buzzkill! Congrats on the new car. It sounds like a great car. I was very close to getting the FRS myself, but have two kids who like to feel the circulation in their legs. The brats.

Reactions: Americarsftw

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We shall see. I can totally see a dealership saying that in order to get my business. Either way, I believe I'll have it before the ST is released. They also have one that was ordered but hasn't arrived yet.

Enjoy the BRZ, I'm pretty jealous that you only need to wait a week for your new car :p.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I drove the BRZ yesterday and all I can say is holy slow. Good looking car but IMO it's all show and no go. Regardless have fun with the car.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think it will be an issue. It's all about learning the right way and shift points to utilize the torque band. My current car is a 2011 Civic Si. I have no problem passing people and I love winding out the engine. If I want more power there are plenty of options available and many in the research and development stage.

I'm not here to debate though :) I appreciate your opinion which many people agree with. It just works for me.

I drove the BRZ yesterday and all I can say is holy slow. Good looking car but IMO it's all show and no go. Regardless have fun with the car.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My forum experience here has been excellent. It is a mature forum. 99.9% mature. You can't find anywhere with those numbers.

Anyways, I've come to expect it from the 86ms3 guy. I've never cared for him or his opinions but I'm not about to start something with him on a great forum like this. In fact, if he responds to this post it will be ignored.

I'm a little disappointed. I thought we were all very mature here!

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Reactions: Americarsftw

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hahahaha no way. American cars are back to being major competitors on the market. I remember a time when people wanted to avoid American cars.
The BRZ/FR-S is definitely a great choice. The fact that its a coupe and RWD rule it out for me. I'm a old school Ford guy at heart but have been a Toyota loyalist for the past 15 years. The ST could be the car to get me back to American cars.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
The BRZ is definitely a great car. Just very different from the ST. A buddy of mine has one and loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 56 Posts