Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. I've been hiding quite a bit lately. Just started a new job, and haven't had much time on my hands... but I'm trying to get back in tune with what I've been missing in the ST world.

But something that I figured I'd throw out there... In an interview with Lisa, she mentioned that in future models, there *might* be a chance of additional colors.. such as Grabber Green, and/or some others. This makes my buying decision in more difficult.

I had told myself that if I got a new job in a timely manner, I would be at the dealer ordering... but even the hint of a possible Green ST is enough for me to lean towards not ordering one this year... despite the fact that I was looking forward to having a 2013 model year car. (13 is my lucky number!)

I know, I know... some people won't be able to understand how I could not buy such an awesome car based solely on the color options (and even more-so based off the the completely random unsubstantiated rumor of other possible colors.) Well.. I figure I've been waiting this long. I might as well wait a little longer for a chance to be even closer to my dream car. I always loved the color of the Green RS. I currently drive a Green Zx3, I have a green Kawasaki Ninja, and my wife's car is even green. As much as I like the Performance Blue.. it's still not Green... lol. So color is very important to me. I don't pick cars based completely on performance. The look/feel etc, are huge deciding factors for me.

If I bought an ST this year, and a few months later they offered it in green.. I would puke. I wouldn't be able to afford to jump ship and trade in on the new one.. but I probably would end up doing it.

Anyway... just wanted to get that out there. :) So now a show of hands.... how many of you think I'm crazy? :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I can understand your thought process. Back in 02 when the 03 Cobra (terminator) was introduce I pre-ordered one in Sonic Blue. I definately loved the color. I took delivery early(6/02) . A few months later (still 03 model) they added 3 or 4 more colors. Needless to say, I would have ordered one of the later colors had I known. If history repeats itself usually when Ford adds a color to the next model year,it's usually a replacement not an addition. Hopefully your patience will pay off and Green will come. :thumb:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Patience is always rewarded (in this case, with more options).

I don't have the time or patience to delay my car purchase any longer. This summer I'm just borrowing my parents' cars. That'll be harding since for the next entire year (+) I'll probably be a thousand miles away.

·
Registered
753 Posts
The way I see it the next year's model will always be better so it's very easy to get into that mind set that it's better to wait. And there is no gaurantee that green will be offered next year. Then what happens if next year they still don't have a green one, would you wait another year for a possible green version? It comes down to how much you really want that color.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It probably makes sense. They will add colors and work out the bugs, but this one will be the first which makes it more interesting in my opinion. I'm taking the chance. Good luck!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Orange/Yellow for me...which is why the Tangerine Scream is my must-have color. Can't wait until they don't offer it. Grabber Orange was only a 2 year color on the Mustang. Had to have it.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
You are asking ME if I think you are crazy?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

Dude, I'm as nutty as squirrel poop!

HOWEVER... NO, patience and a good reason for it should always be exercised. You know for yourself what is the best way to move upon this matter!

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you hesitant and think you should wait then I would just wait. It would suck to compromise only to be disappointed next year.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I can see the OP's point. I ordered a 2010 Raptor, then every year afterwards they added more cool stuff like crew cab option, lcd screen in dash, front camera, different wheels and colors, torsen front diff, and now HID for 2013. There is always gonna be something coming out bigger and better. Patience is a virtue i don't possess. Lol

·
Registered
417 Posts
While I agree with you guys I think you will be waiting forever to get your perfect car putting off year after year waiting for the one right for you.

Find a car you enjoy and has what you want/need in it. Any car. You can always customize to your liking even if it means a custom paint job.

·
Registered
373 Posts
There's always something new and better around the corner. You just have to decide what will make you happy right now and go with it.

Like for me, I would love a next generation Audi A3. However, it doesn't come to the US until late next year, and they haven't shown the production version of the sedan or announced pricing for here. If I end up test driving and enjoying the ST, I will likely buy it, and then consider an Audi A3 sometime down the road (likely when I get sick of the ST).

·
Registered
685 Posts
Whatever year that you're in, "next year" will always be better and faster. Unless you already have a 2010 Focus RS.

It's not all that different from buying a smart phone these days. You just have to pick a time eventually, and get whatever the best around is right now.

But I understand the OP's point. If the ST didn't come in black, I probably wouldn't be getting one this year and might be looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yup, or minor changes. Maybe the ST does not sell well enough in the US and they decide not to make it here anymore. :(
That is a pretty interesting point, the SVT Focus had a short life span. The Focus RS has had a huge following for many years and the ST in North America is a new thing. It will be interesting to see how well it does in the North American market.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yeah man. Less than 1,000 pre-orders on a car so close to launch date that has had a following in the states for many years rs/st.

This is not anywhere close to being a limited production car taking the amount of preorders into consideration and the estimated amount produced by Ford over the next year.

That is a pretty interesting point, the SVT Focus had a short life span. The Focus RS has had a huge following for many years and the ST in North America is a new thing. It will be interesting to see how well it does in the North American market.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If it goes the way of the what '04 SVT ( i think that was the last one, right?), you'll be SOL Sir. Get the gettin' while the gettin's good. Who knows what's going to happen 1.5 years from now; the south may decide to rise again, or some nutjob is going to cause WWIII. The only thing that anyone will be driving then is hummers or jeeps =( . U catch my drift?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Major upgrades usually come at 3 to 4 years after debut on most cars. In between there are typically minor mostly cosmetic chages to differetiate the models. The best argument to wait is that they may work out some unforseen kinks in the debut model. You have to weigh that against having the car for an extra year and whether you trust Ford to fix any serious problems that may show up quickly. For me, it's buy it now.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts