Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my new Oxford White ST2! It's killing me to see all the pictures and posts about the vehicle. I had the joy of getting to put the car through it's paces at FedEx field. I loved how it had virtually no torque steer when you jumped on the gas. The steering was extremely responsive, I liked that the clutch was not stiff, and the throws when shifting were very good also. I was also impressed by the way you could throw the car into the turns and it stuck like glue. I enjoyed the fact that there was a guy at the challenge who's current car was a MazdaSpeed 3 and his intention was to go and tell everyone how much better the MS3 was than the ST. Even better was after he did his 2 warm up laps his touting of the MS3 was toning down. Then by the end of day all he could talk about was how responsive the car was, how there was no turbo lag, how great the seats felt, and how much better the inside looked. I'm pretty sure he was convinced that the ST was a much better vehicle than the MS3. Whether he will actually buy one is a different story. Needless to say, I think Ford did a great thing by having the driving challenge. Every manufacture should do that type of event when trying to pump up a new sporty car. My only complaint is that Ford didn't really advertise the challenge very well. I only heard about through a friend the day of the event and was lucky enough to be close so I could enjoy. Can't wait to get mine and drive safe!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts