Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I did a search of all local (up to 50 miles) dealers and there were 8 dealerships that showed ST listed in their search criteria. Out of those 8, 6 dealers showed "dealer ordered" St's but 2 showed "in stock" for 3 ST's. One TS and two PB. Both are near enough to my route tomorrow so I am going to physically go to these dealerships at some point and see if their site is accurate. One is in Farmington Hills and one is in Sterling Heights. I will report back here asap tomorrow night when I fire up the computer. Will take pics if they really are there but I'm going to do everything I can do drive one!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I really hope I have some positive news to report for all my ST enthusiasts but especially those here in SE Michigan...

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
If there really is an ST in Michigan I'll jump in my Fiesta this weekend and make the 4 hour drive just to test one, haha.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Have you tried calling the dealerships in question to ask if they are indeed on the lots? Might save some time and gas $

·
Registered
34 Posts
If there really is an ST in Michigan I'll jump in my Fiesta this weekend and make the 4 hour drive just to test one, haha.
Would it really be safe to assume that they would be actually letting people test drive them already?

OP, I'm curious to see how you even found out about ST's in your area. I'd like to go and just scope one out.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a driver for Iron Mountain and I cover a huge area here in SE Michigan so passing by these physically isn't a problem but if I can't make it I will be calling for sure. I saw from another post someone put up a pic of a sticker showing in stock so I went to that dealership through Ford.com (Tom Holzer Ford) and sure enough, there is a TS listed in stock. I'm actually not sure I'll be able to get to the dealerships before they close but I'll search the lots to find one if it's there. I'm determined to see if this is true or just a way to get someone in to look. Either way, it's worth the shot even just to see one. I don't see why they wouldn't let you drive one if it's there. This is one sweet ass ride but it's no Ford GT where they don't even let you drive it haha. Like I said, I'll report what I find regardless. Sometime around 7 PM I'll be on back on here...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright guys, it's as feared. Dealers were blowing smoke so nothing really to report other than don't believe what you see on inventory lists. They both said what I saw were orders waiting to be filled but that they expected them to be here in the next 3-5 weeks. Sorry to get your hopes up but it was kinda exciting to see "in stock" instead of dealer ordered. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on the dealers on my route (I pass about a dozen or so during the week) and will let you know what I find.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts