Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tucker at Tire Rack emailed me the instructions for resetting the Tire Pressure sensors on the car. I just thought I'd post the PDF here in case anyone else needed it. I attached the PDF here, hopefully it works.

View attachment Ford Trigger.pdf

·
Registered
288 Posts
Did you put new tires on yet? Did you have to use the tool? When I had my tires and rims installed I didn't get one single light and didn't even have to use the tool. I guess they are programmed because if not the light should come on.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Did you put new tires on yet? Did you have to use the tool? When I had my tires and rims installed I didn't get one single light and didn't even have to use the tool. I guess they are programmed because if not the light should come on.
Where do you keep your summer tires? I keep mine in the garage. If you park near the tires, the TPMS will reset to the signal of the tires each day. If you don't drive more than thirty miles +/- the TPMS light wont come on. Drive more than thirty miles and it will.

Reactions: Elizabeth

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wheels/tires should be here on Friday and hopefully my car will be here on Monday the 15th. So I won't be putting the new wheels on until sometime next week. I'm sure I'll get some mileage on the summer tires before switching them.

·
4,009 Posts
It's been below 40 here already. I have an autocross on Sunday. After that, the snows will probably be on the car right around Halloween. As you know Baron, it's not uncommon to get snow here that early.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, out here it's dropping to around 40 at night. I won't have the summers on for long that's for sure. I primarily want to get some photos of it with the stock wheels on before I switch them out. I've figured out a few good places around me where I can take some nice photos.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just got new rims/tires from tire rack today. I bolted them on, and the new sensors appear to work without any triggering. At least, no alarms or warnings came on.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Where do you keep your summer tires? I keep mine in the garage. If you park near the tires, the TPMS will reset to the signal of the tires each day. If you don't drive more than thirty miles +/- the TPMS light wont come on. Drive more than thirty miles and it will.
Thanks for that info Sho, I have mine in the garage also. I thought it would be a start cycle thing to reset. But no worries, I've got my handy dandy learning tool in my car along with the instructions so when I get the light I can reprogram them. I drive about 30 miles a day, give or take a couple, so maybe I just haven't triggered it yet. Maybe I'll have to take a longer route from work tomorrow.
BTW, don't know if you knew this or not but, I called Goodyear about storing the tires in the garage below 40 deg. and they said they're good down to 20. So if your garage gets below 20 you might want to take them inside.

·
4,009 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. My garage never gets below 40.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My garage is partially heated so I should be ok

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is the triggering tool just the walk through that is posted or is it an actual physical tool? I planned one ordering my tires here soon and just want to be ready and have the knowledge for when they get here. Also I was told that the dealership has to be the one to program them. Can someone enlight me on the TPMS this is my first car with it and I feel a little overwhelmed.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can order the tool and reprogram the car/sensors yourself. If you order wheels/tires/sensors from Tire Rack you can order the tool from them for $45. The instructions I posted are for the tool Tire Rack sends you in order to reprogram you car so you don't need to take it into the dealer.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You can order the tool and reprogram the car/sensors yourself. If you order wheels/tires/sensors from Tire Rack you can order the tool from them for $45. The instructions I posted are for the tool Tire Rack sends you in order to reprogram you car so you don't need to take it into the dealer.
Thank you Baron you have been such a big help to me via the forum, I really do appreciate your help. The last thing I have been looking to see is with the two sets of tires does the ST remember both or do you have to reset it each time you change from winter to summer?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From what I've been told you need to reset them every time you change the tires. It's why I purchased the tool in the first place. I wasn't going to take the car into the dealer and pay them every time I change wheels.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I also purchased the tool but I didn't need it. I've been driving my car for over a week now and never got a light. Yesterday I decided to test it because I was questioning whether it was in sync with the car. I had to lower the air pressure to 20 psi before the light came on but it did come on. At least I have the tool just in case.

·
Registered
146 Posts
From what I've been told you need to reset them every time you change the tires. It's why I purchased the tool in the first place. I wasn't going to take the car into the dealer and pay them every time I change wheels.
Thanks I will look into getting one, I got a tire place I got a really good deal on so they will do it when I put them on for the winter. However I thank you from the info and helping me plan out my summer tire swap!!!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I put my new wheels on yesterday and today while driving around the tpms warning came on after my second stop. When I got home I followed the instructions and the car learned the new wheels without any issues. While going through the owners manual it also mentions having to relearn the wheels after they are rotated, not sure if that is required or not though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts