Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May I take this moment to thank "elnorte" and "JohnnyST" for all their info leading up to this eve of production of our STs. Sounds like you guys are right there in the thick of it. And also I hope everybody at the Wayne plant had a good weekend is ready to assemble the next best thing to hit the streets of the US!! I wonder which one of us will be the first to get their hand on their new ST?? Looking through my spring issue of "My Ford" magazine I see the cars on the assembly line are all of the same color. Maybe this too will add how they are produced?? Don't see any T.S. Ti's out there do we?? I work in a refrigeration plant in the midwest and I know here color is the first thing on how schedule is made up. But there again, a refrigerator doesn't have 252 hp!!! My hats off to all involved at Wayne Mich. Russ

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey Russ color means nothing... I've worked at several assembly plant building such cars and trucks as..... Expedition...Navigator..Ls.. Thunderbird..Towncar..Mazda6...Mustang..F150...Raptor... and they always come down the line in random order. So I can say for a fact solid color runs don't happen.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Russ color means nothing... I've worked at several assembly plant building such cars and trucks as..... Expedition...Navigator..Ls.. Thunderbird..Towncar..Mazda6...Mustang..F150...Raptor... and they always come down the line in random order. So I can say for a fact solid color runs don't happen.
Hey good to know. You guys are probably more organized than we areL LOL!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm hoping that color is the explanation for why my dealers stock order for a silver ST2 has a vin# and my performance blue has yet to be assigned a vin or build date. Although I know the two aren't related, I'm #31for the gopro promotion, and he didn't get his order in until recently when he had to reschedule it from an ST3.
But back on topic, yes thank you guys.

·
Registered
146 Posts
May I take this moment to thank "elnorte" and "JohnnyST" for all their info leading up to this eve of production of our STs. Sounds like you guys are right there in the thick of it. And also I hope everybody at the Wayne plant had a good weekend is ready to assemble the next best thing to hit the streets of the US!! I wonder which one of us will be the first to get their hand on their new ST?? Looking through my spring issue of "My Ford" magazine I see the cars on the assembly line are all of the same color. Maybe this too will add how they are produced?? Don't see any T.S. Ti's out there do we?? I work in a refrigeration plant in the midwest and I know here color is the first thing on how schedule is made up. But there again, a refrigerator doesn't have 252 hp!!! My hats off to all involved at Wayne Mich. Russ
No problem friend. I know a lot of people on this forum are very active when it comes to hunting down leads and getting answers and for the folks that don't have the privilage of living so close to the plant or work for ford And can't get info for themselves I (along with elnorte im sure) like to poke and prod so any info I receive I enjoy sharing with all of you. I'm just as anxitious as all of you to get my ST and I'm quite looking forward to this community building up as it is showing to be a very friendly place with a welty of knowledge to be shared with all members of the forum. Thanks again :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Refrigerators
Are working at the Toyota factory building corollas? :LOL:

·
Registered
189 Posts
May I take this moment to thank "elnorte" and "JohnnyST" for all their info leading up to this eve of production of our STs. Sounds like you guys are right there in the thick of it. And also I hope everybody at the Wayne plant had a good weekend is ready to assemble the next best thing to hit the streets of the US!!...
Wait, did I miss something? Is production going to start on Monday?

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
That's the solid rumor.

On the go via Tapatalk

·
Registered
786 Posts
No problem friend. I know a lot of people on this forum are very active when it comes to hunting down leads and getting answers and for the folks that don't have the privilage of living so close to the plant or work for ford And can't get info for themselves I (along with elnorte im sure) like to poke and prod so any info I receive I enjoy sharing with all of you. I'm just as anxitious as all of you to get my ST and I'm quite looking forward to this community building up as it is showing to be a very friendly place with a welty of knowledge to be shared with all members of the forum. Thanks again :)
It says a lot that both of you are buying these for your personal transportation!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I agree with OP. One of the huge bonuses on this forum is having some voices from behind the "blue curtain". A number of indirect comments especially from elnorte have steered me into the package I'm purchasing and have helped back up my decision against my second guessing conscience. It has helped me decide that this is the car for me.

Thank you!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OH!!!! And shame on me!!! Thank You too Lisa! You have kept us all under control and not let the rumor mill run wild. Russ

·
Registered
547 Posts
Wait, did I miss something? Is production going to start on Monday?
Actually, they started being built tonight in body shop. They will actually start rolling off the line sometime tomorrow. I worked last night stocking the line with ST parts. It was kinda fun to drive around and see the wheels, tires, exhaust on line. I didn't see any engines though. I put the engine covers on line last night. They're the last thing to go on your ST before she gets go-go juice. ST is ALIVE! ST is ALIVE!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Awesome news! Thanks elnorte for keeping us informed.

·
4,009 Posts
:yay: Thank you sir! Wish we had the bow down smiley!

Too bad they wont let you post photos.

·
4,009 Posts

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Actually, they started being built tonight in body shop. They will actually start rolling off the line sometime tomorrow. I worked last night stocking the line with ST parts. It was kinda fun to drive around and see the wheels, tires, exhaust on line. I didn't see any engines though. I put the engine covers on line last night. They're the last thing to go on your ST before she gets go-go juice. ST is ALIVE! ST is ALIVE!
It's going to be fun hearing how these ST roll down the line

1 - 20 of 70 Posts