Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember what can be done with an IP address.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344351447.807728.jpg
Be glad I didn't zoom into the street level.
This isn't even lulz worthy. There's trolling, and then there's just wasting your time. Move on.
Also, Chad, can't we do an IP ban? I'd start with that, and also get some popular proxy ranges. Might be a tool to lock out proxies as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
If I IP Ban on the server, then they will use proxies. I can look into that, but I just don't have that kind of time to be messing with this.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be a way to block the most popular web based proxy services. Those who haven't used a proxy have handed out more information than they realize to people they've annoyed. Not a good idea ;)

·
Registered
753 Posts
If you need someone to help you with the ban hammer I'll gladly offer my assistance :)

Reactions: JdubST13

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Although using a proxy requires effort, something typical trolls lack.
I've been on the other end of this before (using a forum with a proxy). It's a bit of a headache, but so is creating a forum account just to troll. I wouldn't put it past them.
Anyway, there are ways to keep proxies from being able to access a web page (google it). Could work for the forums as well.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
SMITE THE TROLLS LUSTILY!!!

Smite them smitily with smitacious smitefulness!
Had the same image in my head Rev. I was stink more along the lines of slay the trolls :LOL:

Reactions: Rev.Hammer

·
Registered
34 Posts
Remember what can be done with an IP address.
View attachment 1945
Be glad I didn't zoom into the street level.
This isn't even lulz worthy. There's trolling, and then there's just wasting your time. Move on.
Also, Chad, can't we do an IP ban? I'd start with that, and also get some popular proxy ranges. Might be a tool to lock out proxies as well.

Not that I am sticking up for trolls but "iptrackers" are not accurate at all. Just give you a general location.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not that I am sticking up for trolls but "iptrackers" are not accurate at all. Just give you a general location.
Would be fairly easy to discern a whole lot more from an ip if you know what you're doing ;)

My point was: don't troll, we have more info on you than you know. (Dun dun dun)

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I have host DNS information. Which means I can formally file a complaint with their ISP for spamming.

Reactions: Rev.Hammer

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Sure is. ;) I'm have a blast.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I, being an old fartsome bear, have tired of unwanted and unnecessary drama in my life. Trolls are the same painful thing to me as Jerry Springer or anything of that ilk.
I have done mighty fine without them and I will do even better if they stay away...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Would be fairly easy to discern a whole lot more from an ip if you know what you're doing ;)

My point was: don't troll, we have more info on you than you know. (Dun dun dun)
Oh yes! Can always go the root of a DDoS attack if you actually know how. It's not too hard to be assigned another IP address tho.

I have host DNS information. Which means I can formally file a complaint with their ISP for spamming.
That's what nice thing that the trackers do for you, tell you the right ISP. Not sure if they'll do anything in regard to hearing that one of their customers is spamming a forum. I'm not hear to bicker about this though! Want to learn about the ST! :)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 19 of 19 Posts