Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just found out that the Ford dealer from whom I ordered my car offers supplier pricing to employees of the hospital at which I work. It comes as no surprise that the salesman didnt mention this to me when i ordered my ST 4 weeks ago, and the price they offered was a little below msrp. I have already put down a 500 dollar deposit on the car. My question is this...when is it too late to negotiate the price? Was I locked in to the original price when I ordered the car? I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask them, but its nine hour.s until they open, and Im impatient so I figured I'd ask you guys.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
This has been something that has occurred here before. The other person not only got their deposit back but then went to another dealership that treated them right.
You will need to make issue of this with the sales manager. Be sure you have a defined acceptable outcome set in your mind before you talk to that person. Demand that you get the discount you desire or you want your money back.
If they refuse, play the BBB card. IF they still refuse, escalate to the usage of this forum and being listed in the "poor dealership experience' thread. Make no threats, only state facts.
At that point, they will most likely see things your way.

Fortune favors the bold, my friend.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice Rev. I hope they honor the price. I'll take it to the owner if I have to; he's actually a really decent guy who should make things right. If not, there's another dealer 20 miles away that offers us x-plan pricing, so maybe I could have the car shipped to them? I wish I would have found this out before I ordered the car, but hopefully they'll change the price tomorrow without any issues.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got off of the phone with the sales manager, and he said it wouldn't be a problem! He said with my discount the car will only cost me a few hundred bucks over invoice. Mad props to Mike Reichenbach Ford in Florence, SC for great customer service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts