Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice article... wish I had to read less about the US and got more about the car, but good read nonetheless

·
Registered
117 Posts
Picked up my copy today at the local bookstore. I've never paid $10.99 for a magazine before, (I think I pay less than that for a full year of Car and Driver! lol!) but it's worth every last penny.

Going to be picking up the August Speed Week issue too

This line gets me every time I read it:
"For my money, it's the best hot hatch on sale today. In fact, it might be the best do-everything fast car in the world"

Truly makes me want my car right now! It's so tough trying to be patient!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wanna do the trip now myself, once I get the car of course
I do to! I've been to some of these locations, but always as part of a big family trip
I've be on Route 550 before, but in a 35' motorhome. I summited Pikes Peak on a bus. Both things need to be done in my ST!

I also just found out that one of my good friends is moving to San Diego in a year or so.
Sounds like a perfect excuse for a road trip to me!!

·
Registered
685 Posts
I do to! I've been to some of these locations, but always as part of a big family trip
I've be on Route 550 before, but in a 35' motorhome. I summited Pikes Peak on a bus. Both things need to be done in my ST!

I also just found out that one of my good friends is moving to San Diego in a year or so.
Sounds like a perfect excuse for a road trip to me!!
I really like Hwy 160 out of Durango and over Wolf Creek Pass. And back. I dig it over 550, but I'll go hundreds of miles out of my way for both. It's usually the way I go through Denver and back from LA. Our bikes are usually panting for air at that altitude (WCP is at 10,800 feet) but...TURBO. It'll be awesome if I ever have an excuse to take that trip in the ST.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I really like Hwy 160 out of Durango and over Wolf Creek Pass. And back. I dig it over 550, but I'll go hundreds of miles out of my way for both. It's usually the way I go through Denver and back from LA. Our bikes are usually panting for air at that altitude (WCP is at 10,800 feet) but...TURBO. It'll be awesome if I ever have an excuse to take that trip in the ST.
And not get stuck behind 3 RVs and 10 cars going 35 for 30 miles.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I picked up a copy of the mag yesterday after work. Im excited for the August Speed Week issue also!

I would so love to do a road trip across the country in a sparkly new ST. Who knows, maybe I will one day. :D

·
Registered
362 Posts
Great read. Even with the article being centered around the trip more than the car, I was entertained.

This paragraph alone had me smiling all goofy. I can't friggin wait to be behind the wheel of this car.

"I’d been beginning to suspect that the ST might be very, very good, and Highway 550 confirmed it. The ST is astonishing. A front-drive hot hatch, with no mechanical differential, should – by the laws of physics – understeer: no matter how long it hangs on, no matter how sticky the tyres, eventually the nose will give up. Not the ST. I chucked it into corners ever harder, until Webb was plastered against the passenger window, mewling helplessly, but it kept hanging on. OK, good rubber and good tarmac help, but there’s far more to the Focus than that. Every control – steering, throttle, brakes – is perfectly matched, the ST exuding an aura of sheer rightness. It’s a lovely thing to drive fast."

·
Registered
130 Posts
Got to drive this about 5-10 times a year over the past 6 years. I was going to school in Durango but parents are in the Denver area. Amazing drive! Try Red Mountain Pass too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts