Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing all of these videos I am confused on what the screen size will actually be. Some of the videos look like st2 or st3 packages but the screen looks tiny like 4 inches. Then some pictures look like 8 inch screens. So what is the actual size?

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
MFT equipped car have a 8 in screen

On the go - Via TapTalk

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
One of the Dutch reviews note the small screen on the European ST comparing it to his cell phone.

Reactions: jackamick

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm glad I ordered one with the MyFord Touch system so I get the bigger screen. Less buttons and the center is a lot less cluttered. That small screen looks pathetic compared to the bigger one.

Reactions: sleepin 4.6

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
yea ppl have been hating on MFT, but i've been loving it. Can't really do w/o it anymore.
I've been really wondering if I made the right choice in ordering my ST with it. I hear many stories about people loving it and just as many horror stories of people hating it (having it do weird things like randomly and repeatedly turn on the heater full blast, radio on full, etc. and only being able to turn them off by stopping the car and pulling the MFT fuse). I'm thinking those are more of a faulty hardware issue though, since many people out there have had no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been really wondering if I made the right choice in ordering my ST with it. I hear many stories about people loving it and just as many horror stories of people hating it (having it do weird things like randomly and repeatedly turn on the heater full blast, radio on full, etc. and only being able to turn them off by stopping the car and pulling the MFT fuse). I'm thinking those are more of a faulty hardware issue though, since many people out there have had no issues whatsoever.
its on my 2013 explorer, its nothing less then amazing

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
I'm hoping that the by the time the ST ships MFT will have most of the kinks worked out.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm hoping that the by the time the ST ships MFT will have most of the kinks worked out.
My understanding is that the latest 3.0 version works wonderfully. You could also go to a dealer and play around with the system in a new car. Only issue I've read about is from people who have old cell phones.

·
Registered
869 Posts
My understanding is that the latest 3.0 version works wonderfully. You could also go to a dealer and play around with the system in a new car. Only issue I've read about is from people who have old cell phones.
Worked great on the Focus Titanium we test drove a couple of weeks ago. Pretty cool stuff. My wife was jealous.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Well I've had my car since November, and have had 2.1 as well as the new 3.0 upgrade. 3.0 is more stable (not as many freezings and random reboots ) and it is alittle more watered down and easier to use for newbies i guess. Its not without fault. 3.0 still has alot of bugs like radio station info disappearing when you switch back to radio from another sources. Also the travel link works intermittently now and sometimes won't show weather maps or gas prices. Im sure they will keep improving it, and 3.0 was an upgrade in my opinion. Not perfect yet though. Its still worth the upgrade though!:thumbup:

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
It sounds like MFT hardware is ok it's the software that's the beef. And I suspect that over the next several years we can expect more updates that will only inprove it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts